Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Police Ordered To Pay Over $6 Million in Shooting Death of Karim Mayfield's Brother

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
    No, actually it’s 1,000. Also you may be angry at statistics but facts don’t care about your feelings
    You’re right here both about the math and the feelings.

And the facts of the article show that the guy was surrendering and was shot in the back. Shows that the police were wrong here.

There was another case where a bouncer who broke up a fight at a club was shot and killed when the cops showed up.

Those cases are mixed in with the 1,000 deadly shootings per year, and the officers involved need to be called out and punished, and the families of those who have fallen shouldn’t be ridiculed, laughed and have heartless comments about hitting the ghetto lottery thrown their way. The victims shouldn’t be blamed.

Cops have hard jobs. But when they **** up and kill people needlessly, they need to be taken to task. Period.

Take each of these events in a case by case basis. I’m not out here campaigning for all criminals or saying every police shooting is BS or an easy call. People on the other side need to do the same and stop acting like it’s always the fault of the person who was shot.

Look at this !!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKqrkHVV0rg

Go tell this dude about statistics and his feelings since that’s the only thing that matters.

This cop didn’t kill him though so I guess this is all ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
      You’re right here both about the math and the feelings.

And the facts of the article show that the guy was surrendering and was shot in the back. Shows that the police were wrong here.

There was another case where a bouncer who broke up a fight at a club was shot and killed when the cops showed up.

Those cases are mixed in with the 1,000 deadly shootings per year, and the officers involved need to be called out and punished, and the families of those who have fallen shouldn’t be ridiculed, laughed and have heartless comments about hitting the ghetto lottery thrown their way. The victims shouldn’t be blamed.

Cops have hard jobs. But when they **** up and kill people needlessly, they need to be taken to task. Period.

Take each of these events in a case by case basis. I’m not out here campaigning for all criminals or saying every police shooting is BS or an easy call. People on the other side need to do the same and stop acting like it’s always the fault of the person who was shot.

Look at this !!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jKqrkHVV0rg

Go tell this dude about statistics and his feelings since that’s the only thing that matters.

This cop didn’t kill him though so I guess this is all ok.
      I do agree with you on the case by case basis there’s no doubt about it that there are dirty, nasty cops out there. No question and I’m with you on that and all should be weeded out.

Comment

That number is so far off. Terrorists don’t have 50 million contacts with Americans on an annual basis.
        the cops many times declared there is a war on them. but the score is 1100 to 40. why cant regular people say there are 50 mil contacts with cops and only 40 shot but 1100 people shot by cops. so who is the war on? cops are scumbag traffic ticketing control freak pricks. they can go to hell along with their copsuckers

Comment

Originally posted by HAY-B View Post
          The BART police shot him. Bay Area Rapid Transit. Not the Oakland police. BART has to pay this not the tax payers. Expect fares to go up for riders to cover the cost. Just like when PG&E equipment fails or causes damage, they pass the cost off to the consumers by raising rates.
          If they are monopoly, they are able to that. If they have competition, it won't be that easy.

Comment

I do agree with you on the case by case basis there’s no doubt about it that there are dirty, nasty cops out there. No question and I’m with you on that and all should be weeded out.
            If good cops know about dirty cops deeds and look the other way, they aren't good cops.

Comment

This will go to a Federal Appellate court automatically and why? the grounds of the suit is shakey. If this was awarded by a State judge it would be harder to appeal but they went to federal court...

That settlement is getting cut in half.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                If good cops know about dirty cops deeds and look the other way, they aren't good cops.
                Spoken by someone who has never served in LEO, Military or EMS.... If you can't trust the man next to you no one will. Most people are handled in house.....

Question you should be asking is why aren't cops better in self policing because in the Military you pull **** like this and your gonna be in for a world of **** from your peers.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  Spoken by someone who has never served in LEO, Military or EMS.... If you can't trust the man next to you no one will. Most people are handled in house.....

Question you should be asking is why aren't cops better in self policing because in the Military you pull **** like this and your gonna be in for a world of **** from your peers.
                  I know it would cause bad morale but don't think you good/decent if you see fowl sh**t happening and turn a blind eye.

Comment

Working...
                  X