No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo, Saunders Reach Terms For May 2 At T-Mobile Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    when have you heard people saying that he was ducking Saunders? Over 2 yrs ago when they were both mw champions? You guys act like time doesn't exist and it's still 2017. When was the last time you were impressed with a Saunders performance? Saunders was picked because he's the lesser threat.. Not because canelo wants the best challenge. Clearly you haven't been paying much attention to Canelo's risk vs reward approach for the past several yrs and you comparing benavidez to angulo is ridiculous. Not even close to the same kind of fighter, huge difference in age, size, skill, power, wear and tear, offense and durability. No way is an inconsistent, complacent blown up mw with pillow fists like Saunders, a bigger threat than a full fledged strong and young smw who is always hungry and brings heat.

within the last 1-2 weeks

I heard more than one poster say it in the same thread

Canelo is ducking Saunders because his style is too difficult

LMAO my how things change

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      I agree Style wise Smith would be more action and entertaining because Smith will come to fight and not run and stink up the joint like Saunders will. But Smith was offered the fight and turned it down. And at least Saunders won his last fight nobody thinks Smith beat Ryder. lol Saunders is the better trash talker to sell the fight but will then look like a bytch stinking it up. Smith won't sell the fight but will show up to fight but fans will complain that Ryder is the real champ. Fans will complain that Canelo should of fought the other guy regardless who got the fight. But truth is neither guy is beating Canelo lol
      Spot. On.

"Reports have it Canelo has signed to face Jesus Christ..."

Boxing 'Fans:' pfft he just got that fight on account of his dad's name. Even with Jesus magic he is a crap fighter, always was, always knew it, toldja so last never. And we all know how judges treat Jesus.....bum a$$ fight..."
      Last edited by Mario040481; 03-06-2020, 12:01 AM. Reason: a "why didnt i say that then?" type moment

Comment

• This is great, I am really excited. It will probably be a snorefest though if you are not a big fan of either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
          Spot. On.

"Reports have it Canelo has signed to face Jesus Christ..."

Boxing 'Fans:' pfft he just got that fight on account of his dad's name.

Even with Jesus magic he is a crap fighter, always was, always knew it, toldja so last never...bum a$$ fight..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            Yessss!!!!!!!! No GGG thank gawd
            Don't break out the cigars and Don Julio just yet...that's quite possibly coming next if Skipper's three fight proposal for 2020 comes to pass. JS

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              within the last 1-2 weeks

I heard more than one poster say it in the same thread

Canelo is ducking Saunders because his style is too difficult

LMAO my how things change
              Maybe Smith not getting the fight is a blessing in disguise? I mean, it's obvious now that Canelo ducked Smith so, as we'e seen some are already fleshing out the "Callum Smith is just too much BMF for Canelo and Oscar and they knew it soooooo..." So now, Smith gets looked at as a legitimate bonafide killer cause, well, he must be. He didn't get the fight. Ergo, he must be. Too much man that Callum Smith. And see, he has now gained a handful of 'fans' on account of his being ducked by Canelo, and he didn't have to fight Canelo to do so. Lemons, lemonade

Comment

• Good fight IMO, but it's between two douchebag fighters that I hate. I don't know who I should root for.

Comment

• You guys have seen more of Saunders than I have I’m sure, but other than the Lemieux fight, what is a good example of him in top form for me to research?

He seems to be skilled but highly inconsistent.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post

He raises and lowers his levels, like Fury. He has all his career. You will see a far better Saunders v Canelo, 100%.

Anyway, if the best Saunders turns up, it’s an interesting fight.
                    Fully agree. I've always thought they both play down to their opponents level. Distance or not I'm expecting a high level boxing match with lots of adjustments by both fighters. I hope it's not another canelo Lara type fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganondorf View Post
                      You guys have seen more of Saunders than I have I’m sure, but other than the Lemieux fight, what is a good example of him in top form for me to research?

He seems to be skilled but highly inconsistent.
                      Chris Eubanks jr. The only other time against a decent opponent where he looked decent.

Comment

Working...
                      X