Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would this version of Joan Guzman do against Manny at 122?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
    Guzman was only known to hardcore fans and he was only appreciated by about half of em. Pacquiao was destroying action fighters when Joan was a thing. Big risk, little reward. Never made sense.
    Wow, that's what happened/ explains why, thanks for that!

Comment

Don’t like getting into the “what-if” stuff but it’s not a secret that Bob didn’t fancy that fight for Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
        Don’t like getting into the “what-if” stuff but it’s not a secret that Bob didn’t fancy that fight for Manny.
        Damn Bob Arun protecting his fighters I guess just doing his job then?

Comment

Pac ducked Guzman. just like he ducked Zahir Raheem. then he ducked Shane Mosley. smh.

Comment

Yeah, Raheem was the man back then right? He beat Morales as his claim to fame. Sounds like there coulda been some L's on Manny's record back then. To be fair he fought Shane Mosley.

Reminds me of another fighter who would have seemingly done well on paper tell margarito to his face that he would fight him aka money man

Comment

If anyone was truly following boxing back then, they'd know Manny out right ducked him.

Arum and his team said hellll no.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_asian View Post
                Yeah, Raheem was the man back then right? He beat Morales as his claim to fame. Sounds like there coulda been some L's on Manny's record back then. To be fair he fought Shane Mosley.

Reminds me of another fighter who would have seemingly done well on paper tell margarito to his face that he would fight him aka money man
                they weren't even in the same division and now manny's ducking raheem lol. with enough time people feel comfortable making up anything.

as for guzman the fight should have happened at 130. they were both top 3 guys but manny fought jorge solis instead. that was probably the biggest miss of his career(not counting floyd since floyd didnt want to fight)

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  they weren't even in the same division and now manny's ducking raheem lol. with enough time people feel comfortable making up anything.

as for guzman the fight should have happened at 130. they were both top 3 guys but manny fought jorge solis instead. that was probably the biggest miss of his career(not counting floyd since floyd didnt want to fight)
                  You schooled me son!

Comment

Robert and Mikey garcia were asked by top rank back then what they thought of a Pacquiao Guzman match up (Since Mikey sparred both) and they said Guzman beats manny.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                      And I think it would have been highly competitive for 6-8 rounds and then Guzman slows while Pac does not.
                      I agree it would be competitive for the first bit I think prolly 4 and then Joan gets overwhelmed ...if we wanna go by common opponent manny drew with Sanchez and guzman kod him in his next fight this was back in 2000 I think it was unification so both fighter kept thie belts but back then none of us hardcore fans recognized the wbo . If it happened then guzman has a real shot . But if it happened at 135 when it was getting mentioned ( which is what I based my mythical prediction on ) then manny ruins him .

Comment

Working...
                      X