Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people act like Ruiz has right to decide venue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because he kicked Joshua's ass lol

Comment

Originally posted by M Bison View Post
      A-side is always going to dictate terms though, why would you potentially screw your percentage of $$$ gain? I think Ruiz has been either paying attention to too many trolls on Twitter or he genuinely feels this way.

If Ruiz was the bigger draw the fight would clearly be happening in his exact location that he wants which is Mexico. He has halted the rematch venue being brought about by him being a bitter cry baby, If he is gonna get screwed over it is more likely to be in Saudi than it is in Britain.
      In other words you haven't seen the contract, haven't read the contract and everything you've written is just your biased opinion.
      The fact is Ruiz owns the belts and "Possession is nine tenths of the law".

Comment

Why would anyone think Ruiz has any say in venue? Well...

Joshua: Gee mate, I'd love to have the rematch in Cardiff.

Ruiz: Nah bruh, I ain't going to the UK.

Hearn: Ok chaps, the fight is going to be in Saudi Arabia.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
          In other words you haven't seen the contract, haven't read the contract and everything you've written is just your biased opinion.
          The fact is Ruiz owns the belts and "Possession is nine tenths of the law".
          You know "Possession is nine tenths of the law" is just a saying with no actual legal basis right?

You know what does have a legal basis, a signed contract, like the one Ruiz signed for the rematch.

People actually saying he should drop the belts instead of fight Joshua for $9M, its insanity. He wouldn't make that much fighting Parker or Miller even if he could, which he couldn't because he would have an injunction against him preventing him fighting anyone.

If the belts mean nothing, fight Joshua, get rich, then fight Parker & Miller as even if he lost he would be in the same position, no belts, its not like he hasn't already lost.

Comment

Originally posted by andocom View Post
            You know "Possession is nine tenths of the law" is just a saying with no actual legal basis right?

You know what does have a legal basis, a signed contract, like the one Ruiz signed for the rematch.

People actually saying he should drop the belts instead of fight Joshua for $9M, its insanity. He wouldn't make that much fighting Parker or Miller even if he could, which he couldn't because he would have an injunction against him preventing him fighting anyone.

If the belts mean nothing, fight Joshua, get rich, then fight Parker & Miller as even if he lost he would be in the same position, no belts, its not like he hasn't already lost.

Which , like you , we don’t know what the fugh is on that contract
            So , who says that Ruiz wouldn’t be able to fight while going through these legal problems
            Fugh me , they let fighters who are doped fight and withhold it from his opponent

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              You keep saying the contract. Has anyone seen this contract? Does it say the loser dictates everything, including the location?

I'm neutral in this thing, but I can't imagine a contract like that.
              I haven’t seen the contract but that is standard. All big stars demand this for voluntary fights - Ruiz would never have been offered with original fight without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                I haven’t seen the contract but that is standard. All big stars demand this for voluntary fights - Ruiz would never have been offered with original fight without it.
                Not the location, or many of the other choices, after you get KTFO, excuse my language.

Plus DAZN, Joshua, and Hearn were supposed to become stars in the US. That was the plan all along. Joshua didn't measure, now all is upside down. UK for what? I thought Joshua came here to become star?
                Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 08-12-2019, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  Heres a real good example of why the American posters like myself get a bad rap, this guy not only is out of touch but he needs a drink and a nap maybe . Wow its getting embarrassing here ,with my fellow nationalists on here. You guys are unreal, its like you haven't watched or know boxing rules anymore ?Ha

you are a british pretending to be american, and you'll be just as guilty as eddie hearn when his 250 lb fighter goes out htere with a 6 oz glove on dbol and kills a man.

Comment

Has the Belts and took them violently from AJ. Simple as that!

Comment

He has disability rights, judging by his size.

Comment

Working...
                      X