Immigration Ban to be revised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Ban to be revised

Supposedly the following changes will be made to the order:
    -Iraq will not be included, as per the request of the Pentagon and State Department

-Existing valid visas/green cards will continue to be recognized

-Christians and other religious minorities from banned countries will not be granted an exemption to the ban

-All refugees, Syrian or otherwise, will be banned for 120 days (separate from the 90 days for others). This replaces the previous order's permanent ban on Syrian refugees.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...-politics.html
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-01-2017, 01:02 PM.

The Trump administration's changes to the immigration order follow a report by intelligence analysts at the Homeland Security Department, which found insufficient evidence that citizens of the seven Muslim-majority countries posed a terror threat to the United States. A draft of the analysis was obtained last week by the AP.
    Proof that the administration and it's supporters are not terribly concerned with evidence

Comment

Somewhat of a step in the right direction.

USA doesn't need ANYMORE people, country/religion notwithstanding.

Unless you bring something of importance to the country - advanced medical/engineering/law degrees, or you're a brilliant scientist...

Or you're a businessman who is bringing his business, and with it, capital, and job creation for US citizens..

And some athletes who are exceptional...

Why should a country let you in? WHY? Why should tax dollars from those citizens support your immigration?

Lol... With the direction European countries are headed, along with USA, though, soon, immigration will be limited to the aforementioned exceptions. People are sick and tired of this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Supposedly the following changes will be made to the order:
        -Iraq will not be included, as per the request of the Pentagon and State Department

-Existing valid visas/green cards will continue to be recognized

-Christians and other religious minorities from banned countries will not be granted an exemption to the ban

-All refugees, Syrian or otherwise, will be banned for 120 days (separate from the 90 days for others). This replaces the previous order's permanent ban on Syrian refugees.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...-politics.html
        The only part I agree with is the existing Visas and valid green cards.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          We'll see how accurate that list provided is.

The press so far hasn't exactly been on target with predictions about what Trump will or wont do.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

The press so far hasn't exactly been on target with predictions about what Trump will or wont do.
            The AP cites 'US officials' but doesn't say whom

Pence at least acknowledges that there will be a new version of the order soon.
            http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN1684OH

Based on the legal arguments that were live streamed when the administration tried to appeal the TRO of the ban, I highly anticipate that they will at least include the clause on existing visa/green card holders. I believe the legal rep for the government suggested in that hearing that the order was not intended to block visa holders at all. Whether or not that's true the ban will be much harder to block in the courts if it only applies to non-US citizens/perm residents as they do not have rights recognized by the constitution.

Comment

whatever it will be it will surely be a shell of its former self thanks to bureaucracy and false propaganda from the liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                Somewhat of a step in the right direction.

USA doesn't need ANYMORE people, country/religion notwithstanding.

Unless you bring something of importance to the country - advanced medical/engineering/law degrees, or you're a brilliant scientist...

Or you're a businessman who is bringing his business, and with it, capital, and job creation for US citizens..

And some athletes who are exceptional...

Why should a country let you in? WHY? Why should tax dollars from those citizens support your immigration?

Lol... With the direction European countries are headed, along with USA, though, soon, immigration will be limited to the aforementioned exceptions. People are sick and tired of this nonsense.
                Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                whatever it will be it will surely be a shell of its former self thanks to bureaucracy and false propaganda from the liberals.
                The Garcia-Thurman pick 'em thread is up in NSB. I remind you guys on Friday again if you have not made your picks.

Comment

i'm still salty over the matthysse loss so **** danny. hope one time thurman ****s him up. but seriously i think thurman is the better boxer, he can win comfortably if he plays his cards right because danny has already been outboxed several times before by lesser fighters. he does have a tendency to exchange when he's hurt, which concerns me since garcia has a great chin and of course that powerful ****** left hook.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                    i'm still salty over the matthysse loss so **** danny. hope one time thurman ****s him up. but seriously i think thurman is the better boxer, he can win comfortably if he plays his cards right because danny has already been outboxed several times before by lesser fighters. he does have a tendency to exchange when he's hurt, which concerns me since garcia has a great chin and of course that powerful ****** left hook.
                    Yeah. I am picking Thurman by decision. I just not sure if I will go close or wide.

Comment

Working...
                    X