No announcement yet.

If Bruce Lee was a boxer.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    yea bruce is a natural fighter... so is floyd so that was kinda dumb for dude to say that

bruce lee was an actor, actually. you've never seen him fight in your life. you have no idea how "naturally" he reacts to getting hit. none. floyd had a very good chin and some of the best responsive and adaptive powers we have ever seen.

we know how he reacts in a fight.

you guys sound like little kids who think something they see in a movie is real. you are not citing anything else but movies and stories. it's embarrassing and a genuine waste of my time to respond.

Comment

• People always get silly with the subject of Bruce Lee.

This threads pops up once every few months.

I think one was Bruce Lee vs Mike Tyson - who wins

Comment

yea bruce is a natural fighter... so is floyd so that was kinda dumb for dude to say that
        floyd is not a born fighter, like i said, floyd doesnt even like to fight! not sure why people is getting so worked up over this. he's a great boxer but far from a fighter. floyd looks for the easiest way out of a fight. that's a born fighter to you?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          bruce lee was an actor, actually. you've never seen him fight in your life. you have no idea how "naturally" he reacts to getting hit. none. floyd had a very good chin and some of the best responsive and adaptive powers we have ever seen.

you guys sound like little kids who think something they see in a movie is real. you are not citing anything else but movies and stories. it's embarrassing and a genuine waste of my time to respond.
          you're getting the term "born fighter" mixed up with "natural fighter". a born fighter means someone who is determine, doesnt give up, etc.

i dont know why you're bringing up gold medals, champions, in order to be consider a born fighter? bruce created his own fighting style after learning and going thru different type of styles.

Comment

"Floyd Mayweather admitted on Wednesday that the thrill of boxing had left him, and that at this point in his career, it was strictly business".

"It is at a point where it is business. It is my job. I go to the gym. I train. I know what I have to do"

"There was a time when it was fun but I am to a point now where I am really over all of that stuff."

"Fans want to see blood, sweat, and tears but this training camp has been rough and brutal, I don't want to fight no more."
            Last edited by WesternChamp; 05-25-2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

yes floyd did all that.... in boxing.... theres much more to "fighting" than just boxing alone
              and again I will take the opinions of fighters who have trained/sparred with bruce over any of ya opinions here any day of the week

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                I think the OP is asking if bruce didn't dedicate his time to study martial arts but concentrated solely on boxing how far could he have gone. Nobody is asking you how good you think he looks on heavybag! Some claim Lee looks mightily impressive and some say he don't look like a boxer! That's neither here or there.
                The world would put a lot of money on Lee doing very well and even elite.
                But the world could be wrong but doubt it. If he didn't become champ a lot of people would literally be shocked. Even youd be surprised to say the least but wouldn't admit it

I’m sure if Bruce was actually good at real fighting footage of him fighting would exsist so to answer your question. And the op question I think he would be bum level or lower because instead of taking up fighting as a career he took up acting likely because he wasn’t good enough at fighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                  I’m sure if Bruce was actually good at real fighting footage of him fighting would exsist so to answer your question. And the op question I think he would be bum level or lower because instead of taking up fighting as a career he took up acting likely because he wasn’t good enough at fighting.
                  so because he chose acting over fighting, it means he must sucks? do you know the income an actor was making compare to some kung fu karate tournaments? lol.

he picked up acting, but his passion for martial arts still continue. he was still learning and teaching his way of fighting to other people while being in the movie industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    so because he chose acting over fighting, it means he must sucks? do you know the income an actor was making compare to some kung fu karate tournaments? lol.

he picked up acting, but his passion for martial arts still continue. he was still learning and teaching his way of fighting to other people while being in the movie industry.
                    Guys like dolph lundren however you spell it were actors but also competed in real tournaments Bruce lee never did just allegedly behind closed doors. It’s all a myth Bruce was not could he he ever have been an actual fighter he was a great actor though

Comment

so you are sayin you know more than joe lewis?

So, you're saying you're stupid ?
                      You actually BELIEVE someone of Lee's size could hit like a heavyweight boxer?

You have been presented a video of Bruce Lee hitting a bag . And you'd rather argue over and over again Lewis was telling the truth in his interview done by a Lee nuthugger .
                      And geniuses like you actually argue Lee hit like a heavyweight .
                      So Duran did not hit like a heavyweight. Sugar Ray Robinson did not hit like a heavyweight.
                      But, 5'6" lightweight Bruce Lee did .
                      Yeah, sure buddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X