No announcement yet.

Anyone else on keto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else on keto?

I’ve only been on it for a few weeks now and I lost weight quick and I’m back in shape. I also have more endurance I feel like I can get legit back in the ring can’t believe I wasn’t doing this before.

For those of you who don’t know keto is basically cutting carbs out your diet (you can have up to 20g a day through vegetables) and making your body run on burning fats instead of carbs. I eat steak, eggs, and cheese all day and I’m in the best shape of my life right now.

Idk how you can eat that much protein. I've never been much of a animal protein guy, but will eat the sh^t outta it all the same from time to time, but Keto is kinda saying "how about daily". And my body says "lol idk about that". Seems like too much digesting going on to me & I never feel great when I eat too much of anything. Eat too many vegetables & you'll feel like you are always one aggresive fart from sh^tting your pants. And if I eat too muh meat I feel too slow & sluggish days later;

So for that reason I've played with Keto numerous times, but never got into it big time or anything like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Idk how you can eat that much protein. I've never been much of a animal protein guy, but will eat the sh^t outta it all the same from time to time, but Keto is kinda saying "how about daily". And my body says "lol idk about that". Seems like too much digesting going on to me & I never feel great when I eat too much of anything. Eat too many vegetables & you'll feel like you are always one aggresive fart from sh^tting your pants. And if I eat too muh meat I feel too slow & sluggish days later;

So for that reason I've played with Keto numerous times, but never got into it big time or anything like that?
      It’s not really a protein diet you should only have up to 30% protein it’s tricking your body to run on fats instead of carbs and you should have more fats in your diet than anything else for example I mayo and ranch everything up and steak is also pretty fatty.

If you eat these things with carbs like rice, beans, potato etc it will just store it and turn it into fat but if you do it on keto with no carbs it will burn it and give you extra energy.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
        It’s not really a protein diet you should only have up to 30% protein it’s tricking your body to run on fats instead of carbs and you should have more fats in your diet than anything else for example I mayo and ranch everything up and steak is also pretty fatty.

If you eat these things with carbs like rice, beans, potato etc it will just store it and turn it into fat but if you do it on keto with no carbs it will burn it and give you extra energy.
        Idk that 30% of my diet has ever been straight protein. That seems like a hell of a incline to meet for me for w/e reason. Just don't feel right that protein'd up.

Comment

I've tried it and wouldn't ever again. When I'm on it I just can't sleep.

Comment

Idk that 30% of my diet has ever been straight protein. That seems like a hell of a incline to meet for me for w/e reason. Just don't feel right that protein'd up.
            It’s a thing for some people but the protein is for building strait muscle, people think I’m on clenelo cuase it happened fast but it’s all in the diet.
            Basically if you know how to cook you should be fine but it’s pretty hard to do if you don’t have the money or cooking exp.

I recommend it tho changed
            my life completely.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
              I've tried it and wouldn't ever again. When I'm on it I just can't sleep.
              That’s keto flu only happens first 2 weeks cause your body getting used to it must of had a lot of sugar..

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                It’s a thing for some people but the protein is for building strait muscle, people think I’m on clenelo cuase it happened fast but it’s all in the diet.
                Basically if you know how to cook you should be fine but it’s pretty hard to do if you don’t have the money or cooking exp.

I recommend it tho changed
                my life completely.
                Yea the cooking thing is probably part of it too. I don't "cook" without instructions on the box unless I've made something a million times before or I'm all confused about the process & sh^t.

Definitely not a cooking guy. All I do with animal proteins is bake them...like bake all of them. I'm not done with the stove like that. I think I got 5% or lower outlook on making a halfway decent hamburger on the stove. Hence most of my protein is fish (variety of em) & chicken breasts.

Fish & chicken breasts every day of the week idk about. I might get hardcore into this at some point doe idk. I keep effing with it every 3-9mos or so it seems like. And I was super impressed with IF so if this Keto thing has similar results as IF did for me I definitely wanna eff with it sooner rather than later.

Comment

With that much protein I would never leave the toilet.

Comment

It's OK short term but is no bueno over long periods as you not only get diminishing returns, but it will start to damage you.
                    Short term results can be very effective, but don't last on their own if you aren't following up with decent diet and exercise.

Comment

Working...
                    X