Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CNN: "Armed citizen kills shooter at Oklahoma City restaurant".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Places with no guns = virtually no gun violence ever.
    Place with tons o' guns = school shootings ever week.

"Armed citizens decrease gun violence tho"
    Schools are No Gun Zones.

On top of that the crime stats show the places with strict gun laws have higher crime rates than areas with lax gun laws

You'll notice that fact was only met with insults, not facts or stats

Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
      Bro, you take a country of 300+ million, a country with a history of slavery,
      Whoa, whoa!!

Slavery that ended in 1865 is no factor in gun violence in 2018.

Dont be ridiculous

I’m Canadian, was interested in hunting, found out it’s a 6-8 month process with complete background check, mental health check & reference check... just for a gun license.
      Yup, y'all have let yourselves be pretty much disarmed.

That's not smart, especially with y'all letting in a bunch of Muslims.

Y’all can basically walk into a Walmart and leave with a gun the same day...
      We sure can .

It's great having freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        "Armed citizens decrease gun violence tho"
        Sure do.

France saw a horrible mass shooting recently, over 100 killed. They have strict gun control.

I don't think they've ever had a mass shooting in Switzerland, and they are armed to the teeth.

Facts > talking points

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          I predict CNN will quietly cut ties with this journalist.

I mean these things happen every day. The FBI did landmark research in the 90s & 2000s showing civilian firearm ownership saves more lives than it claims (not counting suicides, I figure).

CNN & allied media simply bury the stories.

half of the FBI would be out of a job if this country wasn't armed to the teeth and violent as hell. did the FBI study countries that don't have a stupid amount of guns that don't have weekly mass shootings and major cities with crime rates that rival the third world?

what did the CDC have to say about gun violence during that time? or were they blocked from investigating gun violence under the threat of losing funding?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Sure do.

France saw a horrible mass shooting recently, over 100 killed. They have strict gun control.

I don't think they've ever had a mass shooting in Switzerland, and they are armed to the teeth.

Facts > talking points

switzerland has less than 10 million people, around 3% of our population. and guns in switzerland must be registered and people need a license to carry them. there are states in the US in which you can buy a gun off the books in a private sale and literally pay cash. this includes assault weapons. france actually has lenient gun control compared to most of the european union.

once again you genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. you wouldn't read the impartial research on the subject if it was dropped on your desk, and if you did decide to do the research you'd literally struggle through the reading.

so go ahead and click on my post so you can read it, and continue to use having me on your ignore list as a reaosn you don't reply to my posts. has nothing to do with me having more intelligence in my left nut and actually knowing what the f3cki i am talking abotu.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              half of the FBI would be out of a job if this country wasn't armed to the teeth and violent as hell. did the FBI study countries that don't have a stupid amount of guns that don't have weekly mass shootings and major cities with crime rates that rival the third world?

what did the CDC have to say about gun violence during that time? or were they blocked from investigating gun violence under the threat of losing funding?
              I would assume the FBI has and you haven't (outlandish assumption, I know).

US is on par with Europe in mass shootings per capita:

Countries with highest civilian gun ownership are also the most peaceful & developed with a handful of unique outliers such as Yemen (due to civilian reliance on militia protection):

Gun deaths have plummeted & we are in a golden age of nonviolence but media pumps up fluke stories & has turned school shootings into a trend/path to stardom:

I would also bet a large sum of money that you watch tons of female-targeted daytime television programming.

Shootings have been trending down, down, down. The imaginary shooting epidemic can be traced pretty narrowly to daytime television programming aimed at frightening stay-at-home mothers. Increase in coverage does not=increase in deaths.
              Last edited by ////; 05-25-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Excellent stats ////.

Prepare to be met with a hail of insults.

Comment

1bad65 doesn't even use sources. So sick of him not using sources...

Comment

Countries with highest civilian gun ownership are also the most peaceful & developed with a handful of unique outliers such as Yemen (due to civilian reliance on militia protection):

Gun deaths have plummeted & we are in a golden age of nonviolence but media pumps up fluke stories & has turned school shootings into a trend/path to stardom:

I would also bet a large sum of money that you watch tons of female-targeted daytime television programming.

Shootings have been trending down, down, down. The imaginary shooting epidemic can be traced pretty narrowly to daytime television programming aimed at frightening stay-at-home mothers. Increase in coverage does not=increase in deaths.

i have literally already told you that i don't watch cable news, i don't even get fox news, msnbc, etc, but you don't read a word i type.

so norway has a greater mass shooting problem than the united states? that's what you're indicating?

what you're doing is using a set of data that includes an outlier, a 77 person killing spree in a coutnry with a tiny population, to skew data. that country is so small that a popular press poll found that 1 in 4 people knew somebody killed . and it wasn't just a shooting, either, bombs were used and accounted for a good portion of the deaths and about 200-300 injuries.

so yeah, nice, honest, regurgitated set of data from pro gun sources

Comment

I like a person that posts stats and data. Here's a fun one for you. New York City's data on crime. It breaks it down to the percentage of violent and sexual crimes committed, what type of crime and also breaks it down further to races/groups committing these crimes. NYC is known for Strict gun control but nothing changes for some groups that still commits a large percentage of the violent and sexual crimes, just like in other large cities.
                      https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/dow...ent-report.pdf

Comment

Working...
                      X