Uchiyama vs Farenas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uchiyama vs Farenas

Originally posted by *********.com
    Unbeaten WBA super-featherweight champ Takashi Uchiyama (18-0, 15 KOs), Japan, will put his belt on the line against Filipino hard-punching southpaw Michael Farenas (34-3-3, 26 KOs) in Saitama (close to Tokyo), Japan, on July 16. Uchiyama, making his fifth defense, wishes to extend his KO streak to six in world title bouts since he dethroned Juan Carlos Salgado via twelfth-round dramatic stoppage in January 2010. Also announced was the WBC flyweight mandatory title bout, where newly crowned Sonny Boy Jaro (34-10-5, 24 KOs), a free-swinging Filipino, will risk his belt against Japanese ex-Olympian Toshiyuki Igarashi (15-1-1, 10 KOs) on the same bill. Jaro stunned the world by demolishing long-reigning champ Pongsaklek Wonjongkam by an unexpected sixth-round TKO in the defending titlist’s home turf Thailand. Igarashi, a former representative in Olympic Games in Athens, is a fast-punching southpaw dependent on speed and skills, while the champ Jaro is a power-puncher as he so impressively dispatched Pongsaklek. It will be a couple of confrontations between Japanese and Filipinos to be co-promoted by Watanabe and Teiken Promotions.
    Awesome match up. It isn't against Ao like everyone's been thinking but it's a good match.

I can't quote from another site? Gogo plagiarism

Not a great fight truth be told, surely they could have gotten someone more qualified? I would really like to see Uchiyama take on Aoh now, it would be a huge fight in Japan. Not much chance of it happening though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportofkings View Post
      Not a great fight truth be told, surely they could have gotten someone more qualified? I would really like to see Uchiyama take on Aoh now, it would be a huge fight in Japan. Not much chance of it happening though.
      I think it's a great fight and definitely something Uchiyama needs to become an even more established champion. He's had trouble with Miura and he needs to work on his game vs Southpaws.

Comment

It's sorta hard to get good fights for Japanese fighters since they are happy with the big money they get paid in Japan and hence the boxing world can be robbed off some gems.Uchiyama is a very good fighter but he probably wont leave Japan for America too fight Broner and vice versa

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
          It's sorta hard to get good fights for Japanese fighters since they are happy with the big money they get paid in Japan and hence the boxing world can be robbed off some gems.Uchiyama is a very good fighter but he probably wont leave Japan for America too fight Broner and vice versa
          He wants the fight with Broner, it's just up to management at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
            He wants the fight with Broner, it's just up to management at this point.
            Im not denying that he does but would he be willing to travel too the States?

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              Im not denying that he does but would he be willing to travel too the States?
              Yes, I believe he's said it multiple times in the past. I wish I hadn't deleted my history or I'd send you a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                And as for UChiyama and Ao, they are with different promotional groups and contracted with different television. So the same chance for it happening, as for Top rank fighter contracted with showtime fighting Golden Boy fighter contracted with HBO.
                Many good and logic fights won't happen in JApan for that reason, Kamegai - Watanabe for example that I'd really like to see...
                Which I still find interesting because the talk around it was that Uchiyama vs Ao was the likely fight to make. That being said, the promotional issues are a problem, but I got the feeling it was gonna go through.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
                  Yes, I believe he's said it multiple times in the past. I wish I hadn't deleted my history or I'd send you a link.
                  Cool that's good stuff to hear it would be a good fight

Comment

Working...
                  X