Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stylistically Danny Garcia would be Spence toughest fight at Welterweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah garcia is a monster. one of the best ww's in da world. look at that ww resume: prime paulie, prime guerrero, some guy i forgot his name, and soon to add to it....PRIME RIOS!

Comment

Spence is actually a better boxer than people give him credit. Garcia does better against people looking to knock him out. See Khan and Matthysse. He has problems with boxers that can move and the ones that apply steady pressure. Once Peterson got going he was able to push Danny back and make him uncomfortable. Spence is way better at applying pressure than Peterson.

I like Garcia but let's not forget he was getting tagged repeatedly by Morales in the first fight and Judah. He can be hit (a lot) and he doesn't always catch his opponents in return.
      Last edited by HarvardBlue; 02-01-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Spence would slaughter Garcia in my opinion. Spence is a better fighter than Garcia in every way. They both fought Peterson. Many thought Peterson beat Garcia. Peterson lost every minute of every round to Spence and was stopped.

Comment

I dont see Garcia as a true WW. He is a bit undersized and his main weapon which are his power and timing isnt as effective against these bigger opponents.

Spence give him a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
            Out of Thurman, Crawford, and Garcia. I think Danny has the highest probability to beat Spence. Danny has a chin can fight in the inside and has decent pop in his punches to keep Spence off him. Also that left hook would be a problem for Spence wouldn't surprise me even seeing Danny knocking Spence out with that hook.
            Nope... Danny is a mid-range hooker. Errol can get inside of Danny’s range and work him. IMO

Comment

Can't see it. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                Hey in the ams Spence got beat by some pure pressure fighters like Figueroa Jr. Maybe thats his weakness? That would make Porter a really bad matchup for him. We've yet to see that
                Well Spence started really boxing at like 16 years old so that around 2005 2006, Figueroa turned pro in 2008, this means they must've fought in 2006 2007 where Spence was really green. That was 10+ years ago, Spence evolved a lot as a fighter and I think he'd deal with pressure fighters a lot better now especially if they're smaller than him, Shawn Porter could've shown us something but they want no smoke with Errol. Such a shame really.

Comment

In addition, Danny Garcia is at his best when his opponents are squaring up flat-footed and trading toe to toe with him, like Khan and Matthysse did. He was able to counter them with mid range punches.

However, once his opponents starts fighting at long range by circling and moving against him like Thurman did in the last quarter of their bout, then he is lost; Because he doesn't know how to cut off the ring.

Comment

Garcia won't fight Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                      Thurman has better movement, footwork, defense, leverage on punches, and he is a better counter puncher. Spence is only better at cutting off the ring, using jab, and throwing body punches.
                      We can agree to disagree. Hopefully, Thurman will get in the ring with Spence so we can find out.

Comment

Working...
                      X