Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs. Kamegai Set For August 26, With Golden Boy, on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I'm very excited to be back and showcase a high level fight for the fans," Cotto said

con artist

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
      Might have to call my boy "El Tornado" & show up in LA for this fight...
      If you really care about your"boy", you'd tell him to stay the hell away from cotto or any other top tier fighter before he seriously gets hurt and completely fcks up his eye for life, this is coming from a margarito fan

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
        Might have to call my boy "El Tornado" & show up in LA for this fight...
        No one is scared of fluff hands Margarito. Since being caught with bricks, nothing but fluff being landed on his opponents, and he has taken beatings.

Comment

This is good, I am not happy the fight is happening in Cali because I can't attend, but another Tittle to add to the collection.

Comment

Decent fight, good style match up. I see Cotto breaking down Kamegai and stopping him around the 9th or 10th round. Talks of a possible December fight with Marquez have started up again. Just for the hell of it, I would actually like to see Cotto/Garcia at 150, battle it out after the PR day parade at MSG or Barclay's.

Comment

this will be on regular HBO. HBO boxing schedule just got stronger. joto been out the ring for two years going up against a true warrior who brings pressure and has an iron chin. this will be a good action fight. will joto have margarito flashbacks???

Comment

Kamegai no pushover, Cotto gonna have to fight all the way to 12, hopefully he doesn't gas, but fight will be entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  "a 12-round match for the vacant WBO Junior Middleweight World Championship from the StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. Cotto will attempt to secure a sixth world championship in four weight classes as he makes his 23rd appearance on HBO."

As I predicted the WBO would be on the line. That's why he is fighting Kamegai who is top 5 ranked in the WBO and signed with Golden Boy, Canelo has the the belt but Golden Boy would have him vacant it in time and work the WBO to get Cotto a title fight. Also reported earlier that HBO would ONLY broadcast this fight if Cotto agreed to a bigger fight for the network. Golden Boy pulling these strings for Cotto and him being a free agent from Roc Nation basically tells me he is virtually signing a 2 fight deal with Golden Boy and HBO. Golden Boy doing this so they can promote his Dec fight which will air on HBO.

I had a hunch the WBO title would be on the line when Kamegai magically went from being ranked 12th to being ranked 5th in the WBO rankings.

Comment

Kamegai has a good chin and has never been stopped, cant even remember him being hurt, will be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      this will be on regular HBO. HBO boxing schedule just got stronger. joto been out the ring for two years going up against a true warrior who brings pressure and has an iron chin. this will be a good action fight. will joto have margarito flashbacks???
                      you love sucking that hbo teat dont you

Comment

Working...
                      X