No announcement yet.

Windows 10....Anybody using it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
    I'll probably wait until 6 to 9 months to upgrade from 7 pro.
    Yep see that's that gamer talk right there.

This thread actually convinced to make the switch so I'm downloading rn...

Comment

Mine is still "Not ready" so I downloaded their link so I could make an ISO and it tells me there's an error.

I'm too lazy to figure that **** out, so I'll just wait.

Comment

Just finished downloading a little while ago, looks and feels clean.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Downside

There's a lot of privacy applications/settings turned ON. Not sure exactly how invasive it is but still. Turn off things like having your PC detectable through Wi-Fi on other devices on the network, that's like letting over your new neighbor onto your PC's public folders if he's on your Wi-Fi with his device (I believe). Windows Update has your PC share information during its automatic updates and it is defaulted to automatically install updates (and possibly restart your computer).

I don't use a Microsoft account to sign into my computer, just a local account.

Overall, none of these reasons should stop you from upgrading to a far superior OS. Its been in public beta testing for a long time by many users.
          If your NEW neighbor, or even your old buddy neighbor, has access to your network through your Wi-Fi router, you have serious problems that go way beyond Windows.

Windows does not take ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION from your system during updates or at any other time.

As for the updates, it's damn well about time that MS takes that control out of users hands. Too many people for too long have ignored doing their updates causing malware to spread unchecked along with other problems that updates are designed to correct. Then they complain about their systems being infected or that Windows is crap and problematic when the problem is their own damn fault.

Originally posted by Kel1981 View Post
          You go right on being paranoid. I have no time for idiots who know nothing about computers or Windows in general.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ofEverything View Post
            Just finished downloading a little while ago, looks and feels clean.
            Just a little note for Canadian users...

If you want the new CORTANA voice assistant to work, you will have to make sure your regional settings are set to United States, NOT Canada. Cortana is only functional in a few countries at the moment and Canada is not one of them. Probably because of our wonderful language laws here in Quebec. But it works great if you set to US instead of Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasterWraps View Post
              Mine is still "Not ready" so I downloaded their link so I could make an ISO and it tells me there's an error.

I'm too lazy to figure that **** out, so I'll just wait.
              Did you use the link I posted earlier to get your ISO?

Comment

Been using it for the past several months it's solid, far better than Windows 8.1.

Still got some bugs though so it won't hurt to wait a couple months.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                  Well spoken like someone who hasn't got a clue about what he speaks.

Anyone running XP at this point in time should have their PC forcibly removed and destroyed. I knew one guy who was running XP up until last year WITHOUT ANY ANTI VIRUS or other malware protection. He claimed he had never had a virus or any problems. I removed his hard drive and plugged it to my system with a USB adapter for a scan and found 15 GIGABYTES of active virus files that were propagating all over the Internet via torrent protocol. I'm talking 15,000 files with names of the latest movies and software and games just waiting to spread in the wild.

He didn't care so when I reinstalled it in his system, I totally fragged his system networking files in Windows so that he could not connect to ANY network, much less the Internet and left him to his ignorance.
                  How do you know so much about computing?.

You're around the same age as my old man and he can barely access Hotmail .

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    What do you mean too much time and software invested in 8.1? I just upgraded from 7 to 10 and have had literally NO issues with any of my software.

It's actually quicker than 7. It's been in BETA testing for at least a year, so it's running way better than any other versions before. They've learned from the mistakes of the past.

Also, what are people talking about booking in slots and stuff? I just got the link from their site, downloaded it and it began to install on my PC for the first bit and then it restarted and did its thing for the remainder (about 30 mins) and boom done. Whole process took about an hour TOPS. Also when you install it and it loads up for the first time, it'll run a bit slow because it's installed all of the new software updates for windows 10 but it'll be fine in about 10 minutes after a restart too.

Looks better, nice sounds, runs quicker and the new browser Edge is actually pretty nice (going to use Chrome because of adblock though) and also I like the new search thing at the bottom.

P.S disable all of the privacy stuff though, these mofos wanna know everything.
                    Leave Windows 10 well alone if you value your privacy.
                    Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                    Well spoken like someone who hasn't got a clue about what he speaks.
                    This moron Barchump lol... didn't even know about the RING Title ffs! You don't know shit about privacy issues **** so STFU! Just because you can refer a download link to people doesn't make you a computer or privacy expert. If you really do work on computers, which I don't believe, it still doesn't make you an authority on privacy issues that you obviously don't know shit about! Windows should never be able to control your computer if you don't want them to... only a **** would think that you should be forced into anything just for convenience like updates. Are you Pro NSA spying on it's own citizens too?

You can't convince morons like him. He's the type that thinks if you have nothing to hide than why care anyway. Some people don't like their privacy intruded... but ****s like him can't fathom that.

Here's a yahoo link about the potential data collection that Windows 10 can collect from you and what you can do to avoid most of it. https://www.yahoo.com/tech/how-to-ke...730399429.html

Comment

Just finished updating my computer and am using it now. Seems pretty decent so far

Comment

Working...
                      X