Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official NSB Poll - Canelo vs. GGG 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jabs alone wont win you the fight that is a given already. Canelo OUTLANDED ggg with those power punches, pushed him back all night long and stood in the pocket...

so just because ggg outlanded him in the jabs department hes somehow the winner?

wtf are ya watching amateur boxing or pro boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      56.5% voted for one guy so I think that counts as the biggest robbery the sport has ever seen
      It's not just the 56% for GGG, because with a draw, GGG would still have still kept his titles.

So 33% voted for Canelo here, it is pretty indicative, but that's only based on a tad less than 300 votes.

Here is a twitter poll with over 37,000 votes, and just 26% gave it to Canelo. Which leaves 74% thinking that GGG did not deserve to lose his unified titles:

And I say the following while admitting that Canelo put up a hell of a fight, a hell of a battle. It was top notch, heart and courage.

But... it was indeed a robbery.

Take Formula 1 for example. You have the top contender cars going ass to mouth for over a 100-150 laps, racing for around 2 hours. Bumper to bumper, so to speak. And there is usually less than a second between the first, second and third place. Heck, many races are decided by a few hundredths of a second. And yet, if they were to say meh, close enough, invert second and first place because it was so close, and the other guy did a cool drift, there would be hell to pay.

Well if GGG versus Canelo was comparable to a 2 hour race Formula 1 race, Canelo was a good 10 minutes behind.

Now some might think my comparison is crazy and nonsense, but I stand by my opinion that GGG was robbed of his titles. A draw would have been a bad decision, but at least GGG would still keep his belts.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        jabs alone wont win you the fight that is a given already. Canelo OUTLANDED ggg with those power punches, pushed him back all night long and stood in the pocket...

so just because ggg outlanded him in the jabs department hes somehow the winner?

wtf are ya watching amateur boxing or pro boxing?
        Show me those GIFs or videos where Canelo was backing GGG up all night. Go ahead, I dare you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          33.81% percent voted that the winner didn't deserve the win. Don't know if it was the biggest robbery in a championship fight but a respectable screw job none the less. It's definitely going on to a list of unjust decisions if someone gets around to writing one.
          I think you meant 67%. Only 33% gave the “winner” the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            I think you meant 67%. Only 33% gave the “winner” the win.
            No
            I got it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              No
              I got it right.
              Oh I see, by winner you meant the legitimate winner, and not Giftnelo.

Comment

Show me those GIFs or videos where Canelo was backing GGG up all night. Go ahead, I dare you.

if you watched the fight you would see ggg fighting off his back foot nearly the entire fight

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post

if you watched the fight you would see ggg fighting off his back foot nearly the entire fight
                  No he wasn’t. Replay the fight on mute and watch it objectively. He was centering Canelo to maintain position at the center of the ring, but he was not backing up.

Because Canelo stood his ground this time, it created the perception that GGG was backing up because people had expectations. But the truth is this time they both stood their ground at the center of the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Popularity contest poll. Means nothing.
                    You just posted a poll in the other thread but that was your take back then.

If it was a popularity contest then surely superstar Canelo would have handily won the polls over Mr. 97k...

Comment

You just posted a poll in the other thread but that was your take back then.

If it was a popularity contest then surely superstar Canelo would have handily won the polls over Mr. 97k...
                      Canelo clearly isn't popular on here. Just like Mayweather. The haters outweigh the fans.

Comment

Working...
                      X