Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia vs. Richard Commey Purse Bid on September 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mikey Garcia vs. Richard Commey Purse Bid on September 25

This past July at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Mikey Garcia (39-0, 30 KOs) won a lopsided twelve round unanimous decision over Robert Easter to unify the WBC, IBF lightweight world titles. Easter, who held the IBF title, had already owed a mandatory world title defense to number one contender Richard Commey (27-2, 24 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Respect to Commey, but I won't be mad if this fight doesn't happen. I have zero interest in seeing Mikey take this fight next. And I hope Mikey has zero interest in it as well.

I wanna see Mikey fight someone real. Linares at 135 or a player at 147. Loma seems booked for Dec. vs Pedraza & 140 has no fights til the WBSS tournament is over or some of those guys get eliminated.

F#ck man thinking about the landscape maybe Commey will happen if this Spence thing doesn't get signed cuz not a lot of interesting things out there til Loma unifies & their is someone holding the Ali trophy.

Comment

The thing is this isn't even a bad fight, because while Commey isn't a household name he is actually a good fighter and one of the best at LW - Obviously this fight isn't ideal as Linares would be a better challenge but I can see Garcia taking this fight to stay busy, waiting for the winner of Loma/Pedraza for a unification fight for all 4 belts next year

Comment

Fighting commey is better than fighting broner and arguably better than fighting lipinets

Comment

This fight is not going to happen. Commey brings no money to the table and in Mikeys eyes are on bigger fights.

Not to mention since this is a purse bid DAZN will probably make an over the top offer and I'm not sure Mikey and his team will allow that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LOCOMEX89 View Post
            This fight is not going to happen. Commey brings no money to the table and in Mikeys eyes are on bigger fights.

Not to mention since this is a purse bid DAZN will probably make an over the top offer and I'm not sure Mikey and his team will allow that to happen.
            Yeah agree, Commey is too dangerous for such low reward, not worth the risk.

You could make the argument that if Commey was an American Olympian with money behind him, like for example Ward, then he would be unbeaten still.

Comment

I like this fight commey is slept on, but yeah if something bigger for mikey take it but if not this isnt a horrible match up. I understand people hold mikey is this high regard and yes we fully expect mikey to defeat commey if they fight but you still have to actually fight the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThunderFists View Post
                Fighting commey is better than fighting broner and arguably better than fighting lipinets
                After talking Spence Manny and Lomo, Commey is one hell of a let down.

I usually stand up for Mikey but you cant be talking the biggest names all over the media and then fight a relative nobody, come on Mikey walk the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  I like this fight commey is slept on, but yeah if something bigger for mikey take it but if not this isnt a horrible match up. I understand people hold mikey is this high regard and yes we fully expect mikey to defeat commey if they fight but you still have to actually fight the fights.
                  High regard because he throws out top 5 p4p names after every fight then finds a way to fight guys we dont give a fk about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    High regard because he throws out top 5 p4p names after every fight then finds a way to fight guys we dont give a fk about.
                    haters gonna hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X