Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm glad GGG won't be considered in p4p #1 discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its over for GGG I doubt we will see much of him going on.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      Yeah its over for GGG I doubt we will see much of him going on.
      I hope not, and I don't believe that's the end. Most fighters still won't be able to take his power that well, nor his work rate. I think he'll be around the top of 160 for a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I hope not, and I don't believe that's the end. Most fighters still won't be able to take his power that well, nor his work rate. I think he'll be around the top of 160 for a while yet.
        who else is there for him to fight that the fans will care to see him fight? charlo? jacob rematch? Drevencyi? all of which GGG might not win.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
          who else is there for him to fight that the fans will care to see him fight? charlo? jacob rematch? Drevencyi? all of which GGG might not win.
          Yep I'd like to see him fight all those guys, including BJS. Stylistically that's a great fight, I think if Saunders gets past Andrade, that might be next.

Anyway if your a fan of boxing watching him fight any top middleweight is going to be exciting

Comment

Spence and Loma need to fight against a super élite fighter too.

We will see

Comment

Yep I'd like to see him fight all those guys, including BJS. Stylistically that's a great fight, I think if Saunders gets past Andrade, that might be next.

Anyway if your a fan of boxing watching him fight any top middleweight is going to be exciting
              sure but im saying him defeating any of them isnt gonna propel him back into p4p#1 talks.

Comment

The excuse given now by GGG fanboys will be that it wasn't his fault that there weren't enough elite fighters in his era. The exact thing the Klitlickers used to say.

Comment

Dude, he's 36.
                  Set the record for most consecutive KO defenses at 160.

Comment

Not hating on the man, but it irritated me that people considered him up there. He is not, and never has been the calibre of fighter that Loma or Crawford are. He has got nowhere near the talent, tools and versatility that those guys possess, and he certainly hasn't done it in as many weight divisions.

Golovkin struggles against good fighters, those two wipe them out. You could probably throw Mikey in there too, and Usyk in recent times. To me Golovkin has always been a little overrated and a back half of the top 10 p4p type, great fighter, but too limited to be considered that high, he is a physically domineering one weight type fighter.
                    Crawford and mikey are not fighting canelo alvarez and danny jacob type oppenents. Apples and oranges. 2nd let's see if mikey garcia, crawford and lomo can be where ggg is at 36.

Comment

Not hating on the man, but it irritated me that people considered him up there. He is not, and never has been the calibre of fighter that Loma or Crawford are. He has got nowhere near the talent, tools and versatility that those guys possess, and he certainly hasn't done it in as many weight divisions.

Golovkin struggles against good fighters, those two wipe them out. You could probably throw Mikey in there too, and Usyk in recent times. To me Golovkin has always been a little overrated and a back half of the top 10 p4p type, great fighter, but too limited to be considered that high, he is a physically domineering one weight type fighter.
                      Things changed once you match GGG with people that fight back. I'm talking about vs Jacobs and Canelo. After all that time he finally fought someone worth a damn. Didn't look so invincible then. Bum fighter

Comment

Working...
                      X