Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      The Pope is a tradition of our Church. We believe the Apostle St. Peter was the 1st Patriarch of the Roman Catholic Church. So again its a tradition. The living Pope is a mortal man and a sinner like you and I but I at least hold him to a higher standard I do anyone else. I am sure there are people in this world with purer hearts but Id like to think the head of my Church is top 10.

As for the Blessed Mary. We believe in the intercession of Saints. So the Virgin, the only 1 to live without sin besides Jesus, can intercede, & this I do believe. What I think you are referencing among people south of the border is Catholics giving the perception of Mary being God or equal too. If they are worshipping Mary as God they're wrong and that's not what the Catholic Church teaches but our foundation is built on the Holy Family.

As for Purgatory the bible implies that some sins can be forgiven in the world to come. We know that in Hell there is no freedom and in Heaven nothing imperfect can enter it. Sin is not forgiven when a soul reaches its final destination because in heaven there is no need for forgiveness of sin and in hell the choice to go there is already made.
      The Catholic tradition of Peter being elected as Pope is based on Matthew 16:16-19: 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter (Cephas or Petros), and on this rock (Petra) I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you (all Christians) loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Translation: Jesus had been speaking outside of any fallible manmade buildings and is saying that His church is based on Him being the Messiah and that he doesn’t need fallible flesh and blood (humans) to intercede for prayer and the Holy Spirit yet IMHO the Catholic church has totally twisted it and is rejecting the true Corner Stone, which is exactly what Jesus (the rock of scripture) repeatedly states would happen.

Jesus likewise repeatedly warned against man-made traditions, especially when it came to high priests in Matthew 16. Praying to humans is a sin and sounds like Gnosticism and paid intercessional middlemen for prayer is basically why Martin Luther broke away from the Catholic church.

I’m not familiar with your definition on purgatory
      Last edited by maracho; 08-20-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
        It's like the analogy that "most understand that when a raindrop falls into the ocean, the raindrop becomes the ocean, but few understand that the ocean also becomes the raindrop."
        The smaller thing usually becomes a part of the bigger thing.

Comment

Catholicism is synonymous with pedophiles. therefore you have to blame the dumb ass parents for this that keep feeding their kids to these sick fcks. i bet the pope has a batch of young boys tied up in his basement. the safe haven for pedos has always been the catholic church. there is literally nothing lower than a pedo and these are all "men of god". says alot about god.

Comment

"Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and in certain bishops’ chanceries.

It was what knowledgeable Churchmen called the ‘superforce.’ Rumors, always difficult to verify, tied its installation to the beginning of Pope Paul VI’s reign in 1963.

Indeed Paul had alluded somberly to ‘the smoke of Satan which has entered the Sanctuary’. . . an oblique reference to an enthronement ceremony by Satanists in the Vatican. Besides, the incidence of Satanic pedophilia - rites and practices - was already documented among certain bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South Carolina, in the United States. The cultic acts of Satanic pedophilia are considered by professionals to be the culmination of the Fallen Archangel’s rites."

-Father Malachi Martin, The Keys of This Blood

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              What are these false teachings about Mary, the Pope, & purgatory? Also what religion are u? And what makes u an expert?
              false teachings about Mary: that Mary is sinless- in Luke 1:48 Mary says she is a sinner, that she was a perpetual virgin - Matthew 1:25 states that Joseph had sex with Mary after Jesus was born, that Mary and Joseph had no other children - Mark 6:3 names Jesus' brothers and sisters. The biggest one though is teaching catholics to pray to Mary, the entire new testament says Jesus is the mediator, therefore we are only supposed to ask him in prayer, as scriptures such as John 4:14 explain.

i went to bible college, did you? i studied the history of the church that's what makes me an expert

Originally posted by maracho View Post
              There is nothing in the Bible about the pope or purgatory
              true ^

Originally posted by maracho View Post
              The Catholic tradition of Peter being elected as Pope is based on Matthew 16:16-19: 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter (Cephas or Petros), and on this rock (Petra) I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you (all Christians) loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Translation: Jesus is outside of any fallible manmade buildings saying that His church is based on Him being the Messiah and that he doesn’t need fallible flesh and blood (humans) to intercede for prayer and the Holy Spirit yet IMHO the Catholic church has totally twisted it and is rejecting the true Corner Stone, which is exactly what Jesus (the rock of scripture) repeatedly states would happen.

Jesus likewise repeatedly warned against man-made traditions, especially when it came to high priests in Matthew 16. Praying to humans is a sin and sounds like Gnosticism and paid intercessional middlemen for prayer is basically why Martin Luther broke away from the Catholic church.

I’m not familiar with your definition on purgatory
              the verse that catholics use to claim peter is pope has a different word for rock in it, it's just the generic greek word for rock not the proper name for peter. peter was never the first pope, because if we was he would have said so in later writings in the new testament and the other apostles such John and Paul would have said so. peter never was the first pope, it's just a false teaching

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              "Most frighteningly for [Pope] John Paul [II], he had come up against the irremovable presence of a malign strength in his own Vatican and in certain bishops’ chanceries.

It was what knowledgeable Churchmen called the ‘superforce.’ Rumors, always difficult to verify, tied its installation to the beginning of Pope Paul VI’s reign in 1963.

Indeed Paul had alluded somberly to ‘the smoke of Satan which has entered the Sanctuary’. . . an oblique reference to an enthronement ceremony by Satanists in the Vatican. Besides, the incidence of Satanic pedophilia - rites and practices - was already documented among certain bishops and priests as widely dispersed as Turin, in Italy, and South Carolina, in the United States. The cultic acts of Satanic pedophilia are considered by professionals to be the culmination of the Fallen Archangel’s rites."

-Father Malachi Martin, The Keys of This Blood
              the catholic church is an abomination, it looks like the apostate church of the book of Revelation.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                false teachings about Mary: that Mary is sinless- in Mary says she is a sinner, that she was a perpetual virgin - Matthew 1:25 states that Joseph had sex with Mary after Jesus was born, that Mary and Joseph had no other children - names Jesus' brothers and sisters. The biggest one though is teaching catholics to pray to Mary, the entire new testament says Jesus is the mediator, therefore we are only supposed to ask him in prayer, as scriptures such as John 4:14 explain.

i went to bible college, did you? i studied the history of the church that's what makes me an expert

true ^

the verse that catholics use to claim peter is pope has a different word for rock in it, it's just the generic greek word for rock not the proper name for peter. peter was never the first pope, because if we was he would have said so in later writings in the new testament and the other apostles such John and Paul would have said so. peter never was the first pope, it's just a false teaching

the catholic church is an abomination, it looks like the apostate church of the book of Revelation.
                Luke 1:48
                for he has been mindful
                of the humble state of his servant.
                From now on all generations will call me blessed.

I dont see any way u can interpret that as admitting sin. Although i know because ive taken a college religous studies to that there are a lot of theories & alternate interpretations protestants love to argue when its really about faith.

Matthew 1:25 states that Joseph had sex with Mary after Jesus was born, that Mary and Joseph had no other children.

& if she did? Sex isnt a sin between husband and wife. And pro creation is allowed by the father.

& Mark 6:3, lol, you're reaching! These were Jesus apostles. Its funny how u religous studies guys love to pick which interpretations to follow based on your agenda. Just because i call some1 my bro doesnt mean my mom gave birth to them. Even muslims call 1 another brother and sister. Birds of a feather...

& John 4:14 relates in no way to what u mentioned in regards to intercession. Please re-read,
                Psalm 103 & 148, Rev. 5:8 & 8:3–4, Matthew 18:10, & 1 Tim. 2:1–4.

& lastly, no we do not pray to Mary as a God, just for intercession. & no i didnt take Biblical studies in college but again i did take a religous studies class as an elective and went through 8yrs of Catholic school.

Comment

Working...
                X