Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's get this **** straight. Size had very little to do with Lomo's win over Rigo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's get this **** straight. Size had very little to do with Lomo's win over Rigo

Lomachenko isn't a brute who's gonna walk you down and overpower you. Lomo will always use his skills to outbox you and his ring iq. Against rigo, it was all skills. The weight advantage didn't matter. If rigo weighed more and was bigger the outcome would have been the same.

He might not have quit but just judging from the fight I'm 100% confident Loma would have won a wide decision.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
      Lomachenko isn't a brute who's gonna walk you down and overpower you. Lomo will always use his skills to outbox you and his ring iq. Against rigo, it was all skills. The weight advantage didn't matter. If rigo weighed more and was bigger the outcome would have been the same.
      Think about this, as fast as Lom was on Saturday, if he had been a 126 pounder last Saturday, he would have been even faster and Rigo's punch count would have been reduced even more and Lom's punch count would have been higher, not to mention movement. Thats says it all right there and proves that this fight and the fighters styles did not lend to a physical fight but rather a technical one and thats were the difference is. If Lom had backed Rigo to the ropes and worked him over there, then that is where a size difference would (or could) play out. And as you said, if Rigo as an example was the 130 pound fighter, and Lom the 126 pound fighter, Rigo would have been slower in his reflexes and and lower in his punch count with Lom being a blur and Lom would be wrapping Rigo up in a tornado of punches, more so than he already was on Saturday.
      Last edited by richardt; 12-11-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I think you have acknowledge size and especially age played a factor in it

When was the last time a 37 (probably older fighter ) was near or at the top of their game in the 122 division

Loma did his thing and should get credit to some extent because I think he took away Rigos will to fight

Comment

Why do people think size only matters when you are bulldozing forward?

If that was the case we would see loads of smaller guys looking to make a name for themselves by stepping up in weight to fight pure boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            I think you have acknowledge size and especially age played a factor in it

When was the last time a 37 (probably older fighter ) was near or at the top of their game in the 122 division

Loma did his thing and should get credit to some extent because I think he took away Rigos will to fight
            At 37, Rigo had probably the least number of fights, least amount of punches taken for any fighter of the past 20 years with no wear and tear punishment. I dont even remember a 37 year old with only 17 fights so his boxing age isnt his chronological age, and very obviously his defense and small number of fights kept him preserved. He showed no signs of slipping at all, and nor should he with 17 pro fights.

Comment

Rigo had all the cards stacked against him. I’m not gonna make excuses for him, but age is a major factor in life, and especially sports. 37 years old is past the physical prime of any person, man or woman. When you’re pitting two highly skilled athletes against each other, a difference of nearly a decade can be huge. I think this is self-evident. Anyone who doesn’t get it is still too young to understand, and/or has never competed athletically.

Props to Lomachenko, but let’s not pretend this victory proved anything. The man himself doesn’t think so, and that’s not false modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Rigo had all the cards stacked against him. I’m not gonna make excuses for him, but age is a major factor in life, and especially sports. 37 years old is past the physical prime of any person, man or woman. When you’re pitting two highly skilled athletes against each other, a difference of nearly a decade can be huge. I think this is self-evident. Anyone who doesn’t get it is still too young to understand, and/or has never competed athletically.

Props to Lomachenko, but let’s not pretend this victory proved anything. The man himself doesn’t think so, and that’s not false modesty.
                The huge celebration just stemmed from all of the Rigo supporters acting like they were some "sweet science boxing analysts" and basically seeing their egos get shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Why do people think size only matters when you are bulldozing forward?

If that was the case we would see loads of smaller guys looking to make a name for themselves by stepping up in weight to fight pure boxers.
                  If a bigger fighter has greater power and can lean on and wear down a smaller fighter, then size counts. There was no leaning and power did not come into play by either fighter. It is very obvious what took place. One fighter used angles, speed, reflexes, and movement to win the fight. The other fighter was not able to adjust, period. If Lom had been at 126, he would have been even more of a blur and landed more while Rigo would have missed more. And there are thousands of boxers all over the world and many of them move up in weight successfully, countless fights which are not broadcast on TV.
                  Last edited by richardt; 12-11-2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

Mate lomachenko has rigos number regardless of age weight etc

He is a great fighter, but lomachenko is very bad match up for him

Comment

Working...
                    X