Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Star Power on Display With HUGE Internet Explosion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxtime View Post
    He was #1 at 140, before he lost to Garcia!
    He was a KO waiting to happen. If he was #1 (and i'm not saying i agree)at that moment then the division surely sucked at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
      Khan isn't world-class. He's a never-was.
      He's not a top 5 fighter at 140, 147, 154, or the imaginary 155 division.
      He has no chin.
      None.

He would get flattened by the first right hand Wade landed. There's a reason weight classes exist. Specially when a guy has no chin.

Khan IS world-class.

1) Canelo would KTFO Wade quicker than he dealt with Khan

2) It would not surprise me at all if Khan clearly out-boxed Dominic Wade, who is very average.

Comment

Golovkin fans should not be questioning ANYONE's resume'..... let alone Canelo and Ward LMAO

And Pacquiao fans should NEVER accuse other fighters of steroid abuse.

Just saying.....

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Khan IS world-class.

1) Canelo would KTFO Wade quicker than he dealt with Khan

2) It would not surprise me at all if Khan clearly out-boxed Dominic Wade, who is very average.
          How is he world class?

He gets defeated by the top 5 welterweights, top 5 jr middleweight and top 5 jr welterweights.

He rules no division, has been knocked out 3 times. He's a draw and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            He fought the 4 best JMW's on the planet, CONSECUTIVELY !

Nobody has a better resume than Canelo over that period.

And then he followed that up with Kirkland/Cotto/Khan.

He has beaten a big pile of champions/ex-champions, including a number of world-class fighters.

Golovkin has done nothing like that..... not only has he never fought a truly world-class opponent , he has in fact avoided 2 of them and could be about to avoid his 3rd.

It's not even close man.

I get it, you love Golovkin.
            angulo and kirkland? stop it he fought the probably at the worst point in their career canelo should had fought them earlier in his career.
            cotto and khan ? again stop it. so all you gotta do is fight someone with a name regardless of weight class and its considered a great win?
            trout was a good win because when the fight happened but who is trout right now? triple g has opponents that are as good as trout but they looked at as bums because that got washed by triple g and don't have a miguel cotto on their resume

i understand you hate triple g

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
              Khan isn't world-class. He's a never-was.
              He's not a top 5 fighter at 140, 147, 154, or the imaginary 155 division.
              He has no chin.
              None.

He would get flattened by the first right hand Wade landed. There's a reason weight classes exist. Specially when a guy has no chin.
              So he's a bum now?
              Ok......

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                angulo and kirkland? stop it he fought the probably at the worst point in their career canelo should had fought them earlier in his career.
                cotto and khan ? again stop it. so all you gotta do is fight someone with a name regardless of weight class and its considered a great win?
                trout was a good win because when the fight happened but who is trout right now? triple g has opponents that are as good as trout but they looked at as bums because that got washed by triple g and don't have a miguel cotto on their resume

i understand you hate triple g
                I have a feeling you would use this same line if GGG were to lose to Canelo. Under a different alt of course.

Comment

The fight party I was at I was the only one who knew who GGG was and had to explain who was to a lot of people during the undercards.
                  GGG is known only to his 12-15 groupies on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
                    has he earned it? OR HAS IT BEEN GIVEN TO HIM. his first world title belt was gifted to him, he was given gift decisions against trout (should have been a draw easily) and lara (canelo lost), etc. he didn't deserve the floyd fight because he hadn't done anything of importance yet.

SO AGAIN DID HE REALLY EARN ALL THIS FAME?????? I DON'T THINK SO. HE IS JUST THE LOVE CHILD OF GBP/WBC. HE IS A FRAUDULENT STAR WHO DIDNT EARN ANYTHING.
                    He had the sack to get in there with guys capable of beating him (May, Lara) so he EARNED that credit and fame. GGG could go for a guy like Lara and earn credibility among fans like Canelo did but he keeps it safe and receives a lock of criticism because of it. He even barked at Ward but than ran away when he had the opportunity to fight him. I think what GGG is doing is just fine if that's the career he wants but this crying that GGG deserves what Canelo has is childish, entitled, BS. This is and we all have the opportunity to earn the things we want. Canelo is chasing the American dream. Small of you to hate on him for it.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      The fight party I was at I was the only one who knew who GGG was and had to explain who was to a lot of people during the undercards.
                      GGG is known only to his 12-15 groupies on this site.
                      Though I think he's more known that you're giving him credit for, I'm constantly surprised at how few casuals actually know him. Everyone knows Canelo at this point but when I mention "GGG" they often say "what does that mean?".

Comment

Working...
                      X