Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse power at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought he looked like garbage and nothing like the guy who used to be one of my favorite boxers. I didn't see any speed and not much power. The guy just went down so easily. His work rate was also pathetic. If he can't improve on that very poor performance he is finished at the top level.

Comment

I agree. The guy basically did the same thing over and over. Matthysse took 8 rounds to land anything significant and it's questionable how much he really hurt him. He has no hopes of making a run at WW.

Comment

Best plan would be to hire a nutritionist and drop down to 140 again.

Comment

spence and crawford would absolutely murder matthysse. spence isnt' super tough to hit but he looks like he's got a very good chin. he's also got hellish power and he's the naturally larger man. if lucas can land he could take it, and he'd bang him on the chin right back.

crawford has about five different styles and none of them would take punishment from lucas. that guy can f#cking fight. holy **** is he good right now.

danny already beat him, and matthysse's deteriorated more since that fight than danny has. expect the same result. danny has a good chin and very good timing, which are tough for a puncher to deal with.

thurman would box circles around him. punchers chance for matthysse.
          porter would be too big and physical and win the rounds.

i'd like to see him fight pacquiao. promoters, networks, blah blah blah. i don't watch as much boxing as i used to because of that nonsense. i want to see fights! matthysse against pacquiao would be fun as hell. pacquiao may have one last banger left in him, and i want to see it a hell of a lot more than i want to see him rematch jeff freaking horn.
          Last edited by New England; 01-28-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            Best plan would be to hire a nutritionist and drop down to 140 again.
            He can make 140. He moved up because he wants some names/money.

Comment

matthysse vs khan 🔥

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                matthysse vs khan 🔥
                Oh man lucas would flat line poor Amir.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Oh man lucas would flat line poor Amir.
                  Yes he would! Only problem would be Matts catching up to Khan

Comment

Matthyse just looks like he's lost a step or two. The power is still there, but he doesn't look quite as hungry, quite as confident in the ring. I think Garcia UDs him again. Spence, Thurman, and Crawford all brutally KO him.

Personally, I think the most interesting fights out there for Lucas are Khan and Shawn Porter.

Edit: and Pacquiao as NE suggested. Won't happen but Pac is pretty long in the tooth and I think it'd be a fun one.

Comment

Lucas wasnt impressive at all. He shouldve got that Thai fighter out of there way before 8 rounds. That guy didnt even have an amateur background!

Comment

Working...
                      X