No announcement yet.

Mares: Targeting Donaire and Arce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares: Targeting Donaire and Arce

How are you feeling after defeating Agbeko?
    I feel great. It wasn’t an easy fight by any means, but I showed the world that I deserve to be called the best bantamweight in the world. I fought Yonnhy Perez, Vic Darchinyan and Joseph Agbeko twice. One after the other. That should say something about me as a fighter. I’m always willing to face the best.

Do you feel like you proved an important point?
    Definitely. I proved that I deserved to win both times I fought Agbeko. I could’ve gone another route and fought someone else instead of giving him an immediate rematch.

What was the main difference between the first fight and the second fight?
    I think that I was more familiar with him (Agbeko) so I was better prepared this time. There was no way I was going to lose that night in front of my fans. I wanted to win very badly.

Were you worried when you were cut over the eye?
    Not really. I have Miguel Diaz in my corner taking care of my cuts and he’s the best there is.

What fights are you interested in pursuing?
    That’s up to my managers Frank (Espinoza) and my dad. I just train and show up to fight. If it was up to me I’d like to fight big names like Nonito Donaire and Jorge Arce. Bring them on. It doesn’t matter. I’m ready! That’s something my promoters at Golden Boy will have to discuss with my managers and hopefully we can make at least one of those fights happen.

What would you like to say to the fans?
    I want to thank everyone for their support. I want to let the fans know I’m always going to give them my best. I want to be an important figure in this sport and I want to make history. Keep watching me and following my career because there’s much more to come from Abner Mares.

http://www.*********.com/Boxing/mare...54#more-104154
Working...
X