Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why all that GGG hate since he just fought the 2 best fighters in his own division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    The top 3 Boxrec or Ring is GGG/Nelo/Jacobs.

So GGG just fought the 2 (others) best fighters in his weight division.

I wish I could say the same about others top names of the sport like Wilder, Joshua, Thurman, Kovalev, Loma, Stevenson or even Garcia.

Only Crawford does fit that criteria unifying 140 last year.

Yet people are trying to paint him as hiding under the bed?

Nothing wrong in taking a meh fight when you're 36 years old, especially since he was supposed to fight Nelo instead and Nelo fcked it up.

I'm reading a lot of unfairness, guys like Dontae Boxing Nation are outta control lol.

So why all the hate? Curious to see your opinions...

the middleweight champion of the world can't fight a guy who hasn't won a fight in 3 years.

It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
      Insecurities, same as the hate any other top level athelete gets.
      I totally agree here.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
        the middleweight champion of the world can't fight a guy who hasn't won a fight in 3 years.

It's that simple.
        Agreed, but I'm giving him a pass since it's on short notice and was scheduled to fight Nelo who just messed up the whole thing.

Sure if Vanes get brain injured some people need to go to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
          Think about this. Why joshua gets the hate if he just fought parker and klitschko?

Its the same dude

Nah Joshua didn't fight the other man at HW in D Wilder.

GGG just fought the two others boyz in that 160 3 horses race.

Derev, Charlo and Andrade are contenders.

Comment

Haters gonna hate, don't matter what he does. Sure I want the Saunders fight, but the dates didn't work, let's see if they make it next. Any other isn't really that appealing so I don't give a damn if they happen or not

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
              There's always hate for guys at the top of the sport. I can't remember a guy who didn't catch flack when they got to the pinnacle. Can't make everyone happy I guess. Ggg is unfortunately in the twilight of his career and he let the Canelo drama dictate the last few years of his career so he may not have many big fights left. I can't blame the guy for another guy getting caught cheating. If that didn't happen we'd all be awaiting the rematch in a few weeks and not crying over a late replacement.

No one puts themselves into the shoes of Golovkin or his mamagers, promoter, coach, family etc
              Would the critics risk the 7 figure clenelo payday up next if they were in same position? Doubt it.

What u said is true though, people seem to blame Golovkin for Clenelo's failed test.
              Vanes is a very last minute replacement for GGG as he was preparing for biggest fight of his life and didn't want to waste a tough training camp. This will carry him through until september. It's that simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Think about this. Why joshua gets the hate if he just fought parker and klitschko?

Its the same dude
                No it’s not...

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  Agreed, but I'm giving him a pass since it's on short notice and was scheduled to fight Nelo who just messed up the whole thing.

Sure if Vanes get brain injured some people need to go to jail.

I can't give him a pass for that. not when his mandatory was willing to fight on short notice.

even if dereavychencko is trash, he been fighting and winning.

vanes been inactive and he been losing. bad combination.

Comment

Its the same dude
                    This fight would be like Joshua fighting Haye right now or some ****. He'd never get away with it.

Comment

It's not like he was morally obligated to fight a killer, but surely something better could have been arranged. Going from a megafight like the first Canelo fight to fighting an inactive guy from a division below who doesn't have a realistic chance of winning. Sure, it was on short notice but if the other options that were passed up were anything to go by it's not like GGG's team were aiming for the stars. If that was the best they could do they should have just given up on fighting May 5 and organised something more credible at a later date.

I say this as someone who went to the first GGG - Canelo fight and wound up on his side like many others in the arena.

Comment

Working...
                      X