Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rate ESPN's production value when it came to their first major Top Rank showcase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rate ESPN's production value when it came to their first major Top Rank showcase

How did they do?

I just got a memo from ESPN's production crew

It said 'please stop making new threads Shaolin. Log off, and go to bed'.

I don't know what they meant, just thought I'd share that with you.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      I just got a memo from ESPN's production crew

It said 'please stop making new threads Shaolin. Log off, and go to bed'.

I don't know what they meant, just thought I'd share that with you.
      Weird.

I got a memo from your sister that said the same thing. But I don't listen to her, I do my own thang.

Comment

The camera angle was to high and picture quality could've been better

Comment

During and post fight 1/10 very biased.

Comment

A lot of the stats they showed were bad which as a guy who pays more attention to that then most is a pet peeve, but outside of that is just bad form. Believe they showed a couple guys records as wrong + the clock was wrong for several rounds...or rounds ended early on more than one occasion idk.

Comment

Well put it this way. What went you agree with the final horn result or not - in terms of accuracy they were really poor with all of the stats showing PAc ahead. Sky on the other hand somehow got it fairly spot on

Comment

I'm not gonna get into the commentary or anything like that.

From a pure production angle I thought they did great. Some were thinking (falsely) that it was gonna be some FNF type ****. And that ESPN was gonna treat it as such.

They showed what they can do for boxing. They promoted the **** like it was the damn Superbowl. They talked about it constantly all week leading up to it and had a damn countdown clock for it.

Then the fight itself -- they aired it with the same production power that they do with big time college football games. Or NBA playoff games. Or Monday Night NFL games. They went all out.

Which is a GREAT sign for boxing. Now yes, Pacquiao's name was the biggest draw of all here. Obviously. This **** on PPV would've done atrocious numbers -- but on a channel that finds itself in something like 120 million homes -- people tuned the f**k in. Why? To see Pacquiao. I doubt Crawford or Lomachenko does anywhere near what this fight did...that said, if ESPN throws its weight behind those cards the same way they did this one, those cards will do very, very well.

Comment

Working...
                X