No announcement yet.

johnson vs. holyfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnson vs. holyfield

who wins? the galveston giant or the real deal?

vs.
    jack johnson
    40.74%
    evander holyfield
    59.26%

jack johnson

Comment

real deal owns johnson

Comment

Evander Holyfield, but that's because he has the advantages of all the advances in training and the evolution in boxing styles and what not. If Jack Johnson were to have access to all the modern day training techniques, diet, ... who's to say though.
        moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Jack Johnson was a marvelous defensive boxer and I can easily imagine him giving Evander Holyfield a solid lesson.

Holy was fast, but not fast enough to get through Johnsons defense. Further, Holy didn't carry a big enough punch to knock Johnson out cold,and he was not the better boxer of the two.

My heart tells me Johnson wins this one.

Jack Johnson by UD.

Comment

Let's put it this way. Johnson never beat a prime heavy of the class of Holy, and additionally, Johnson never beat the quality of comp that Holy beat. Stylistically it's a boring fight, most Johnson fights were, but Holy is bigger, stronger, and bulls Johnson around the ring, winging shots that he never had to face. Holy by 10th round KO.
            The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

This is a tough one to score. I might just give the edge to Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Keleneki
                Evander Holyfield, but that's because he has the advantages of all the advances in training and the evolution in boxing styles and what not. If Jack Johnson were to have access to all the modern day training techniques, diet, ... who's to say though.
                ding ding ding. this is the only answer needed on this thread. holyfield owns johnson because of this. to say otherwise is misinformed.

Comment

what type of gloves are we talking? back in jack's day the gloves were like mittons.

hell, even with the big gloves, jack owns holyfield.

Comment

Without a doubt prime Evander beats him up and stops his ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X