Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Ali Bashir: Usyk would beat Gassiev

James Ali Bashir interview: "Usyk would beat Gassiev"

http://boxingnews.com.ua/en/news/181...jms-ali-bashir

I'm not really sold in Usyk's chin, I still remember seeing the much smaller Beterbiev rocking him left and right and putting him down in the amateurs.

Comment

I could give a f#ck who anyone thinks will win between these two I just wanna see the fight. Hope this happens in 2017. I suspect this could be a rivalry with trilogy potential.

Comment

Easily, Gassiev is so terrible he shouldn't have got the win over Lebedev he was a very lucky boy he was so bad against Lebedev I mean I've seen worse performances to win a world title but Gassiev was so ugly in his approach and Lebedev was so clean and crisp, blocking shots, moving out of range, bobbing and weaving making Gassiev miss at will I mean really...
        There is no possible way to even find Gassiev winning that fight just another flat footed plodder who only has a punchers chance.

Comment

Let's make it happen then
          Gassiev is a beast
          Usyk got them skills
          Now this is a fight

Comment

Great fight to be made. I also think Usyk wins. But Gassiev could present a more difficult style than Glowacki who was made for Usyk imo. Gassiev will do a better job of hitting Usyk as he moves laterally. His body shots as Lebedev tried to move around him were brutal.

Comment

Could be an easy night for Usyk. He's a big CW and a dam good boxer.

Comment

I agree.. the only knock on Usyk I gave was his stamina & against Glowacki he showed he has a great engine.. Usyk would make Gassiev look like an amateur.. Also, Gassiev was huffing after 8 rounds against Lebedev, Usyk hits way harder than Lebedev to stand & trade with...

Comment

Well said. Usyk is very moving in the ring so, Gassiev looks slow and he fight uniformly. I accept that Gassiev has strong chin and powerful punches but this's not important for Usyk. It is not power to defeat him, intelligence and agility are important. I think he'll move up heavyweight division in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                  X