No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder's Olympic Bronze Medal = SKILLS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder's Olympic Bronze Medal = SKILLS

Some of you don't understand the magnitude of winning the medal.

You have to be very, very good as an amateur to get the opportunity to box for your Olympic team....

He probably had to go through some grueling stuff...

That said, I think he's the best Heavyweight in the Division right now.
    Understand that the man has skills because if he didn't he wouldn't be an Olympian.

Roughly the same level of skills as David Price

Comment

Didn't he make the team AND win the medal with barely any boxing experience too?

I'm not sure where he stands among today's heavyweights but you gotta respect his accomplishment of winning that medal whether you like him or not.

Comment

The superheavy and heavyweight divisions are the two easiest divisions to win a medal, considerable less fighters qualify for those divisions, also besides probably the two best in the world, the rest of the fighters in those divisions aren't really good, Abdelaziz Touilbini and Mohamed Arjaoui are the two fighters that Deontay Wilder beat, never won anything in amateur boxing, actually, that was one of the easiest draws i've seen for an olympic semifinal, to put it on perspective, Kim Kwang-sun fought 4 guys only to reach the semifinals, to fight 6 fights total.
        It's impressive considering he was a novice when he won the only medal for usa at boxing that year, but isn't impressive by the amateur boxing standards.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Didn't he make the team AND win the medal with barely any boxing experience too?

I'm not sure where he stands among today's heavyweights but you gotta respect his accomplishment of winning that medal whether you like him or not.
          He is probably one of the olympic medalists with lesser fights in boxing history.

Comment

LOL joke thread

Comment

I dont see this skills to be honest,his very sloppy fighter.

Comment

Definatly has skills ,the best HW though ? No.

You are correct ,most ppl don't know because most posters have never boxed themselves .

Comment

in amateur boxign you get 10 points if you fall over while throwing a punch

Comment

It would say more about talent than skills because he didn't have the time to really develop boxing skills. Dude is a freak athlete though, and that is where his talent lies he can get away with his awkward fighting style because he is highly athletic for his size. That allows him to apply his powerful punches in ways that is in a way that is not common making him more difficult to fight that it appears.

The Olympics was a start of showing that raw talent that could be turned into something given time. For a guy that apparently can't box a lick according to most (especially early on) he has done pretty well for himself~

Comment

Working...
                    X