Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The LIE that Brook is a massive WW and weighs 160+ on fight day.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is proof

Comment

Doesn't matter what anyone says. Facts are facts and here we have a MW fighting a WW. It's not uncommon in boxing, let's watch the fight and move on.

Comment

I personally hate the fight. Not interested in it. Yes we have had Welterweight Champions fighting Middleweight Champions before. It was different. Brook is a welterweight contender. There are no Welterweight Champions right now and that IBF strap by itself does not equate to being a champion. I am old school. A champion rules their division. GGG essentially rules his. I view him as the real middleweight champ.

Brook is a very talented guy, and I am a GGG fan. On the other hand I want a fair and level playing field in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          This. The second weigh in is hours before the fight. They keep rehydrating after that.

Stupid thread
          I provided facts. Your turn, show me the proof Brook rehydrates more after the 2nd day weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
            I keep seeing Lil Gina's making this claim, then they use the IBF rule that a fighter can't rehydrate more than 10lbs as a reason Brook and Golovkin aren't that different in size.

These people know so little they don't realise that Brook is the IBF WW champ, which means he weighs no more than 157 on fight day.

Think a little before making up lies to excuse this hypocritical act by Lil G.

That is all.
            Valid point. I'd been looking for information on Brooks ring weight but had forgotten about this. Not that the fight is really defensible from a fan perspective anyway. I regard Golovkin very highly but this fight is just a steaming pile of ordure.

Comment

I provided facts. Your turn, show me the proof Brook rehydrates more after the 2nd day weigh in.

He does not need to provide facts, as your entire argument in your original post was derailed. You claimed it was impossible for him to weigh more than 157, and that argument got proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                He does not need to provide facts, as your entire argument in your original post was derailed. You claimed it was impossible for him to weigh more than 157, and that argument got proved wrong.
                It's possible Golovkin weighs 180 when he gets in the ring. The day of the fight Brook steps on the scale and weighs no more than 157, that's a fact.

Comment

It's possible Golovkin weighs 180 when he gets in the ring. The day of the fight Brook steps on the scale and weighs no more than 157, that's a fact.
                  I suppose it could be possible he weighs 180. Just before the IBF fight (fight night dressing room) with Lemieux though he weighed 170 and lemieux weighed 175.

Brook could come in 147, 150, 160 or whatever. I have no idea as it is usually only HBO that gives us the just before fight weights.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    These guys are completely shameless.
                    OP's point has been proven wrong now. Care to come back and apologize?

Comment

Fact brooks weighs in at 157 or under on same day weigh in. Fact ggg weighs in at 170+. So even if after the weigh in Kell hydrates more like you say so does ggg. Kell is much smaller and is used to fighting much smaller men than ggg. Also some of you guys trying to compare brook to duran or sugar ray are dumb. Those guys had huge fights and wins at welterweight. Brooks has 1 good win against a good opponent whos best win is broner and the rest of books opponents are pretty bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X