Boxing to introduce Bonus for TKOs and KOs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strong source you posted there.....

Comment

leave boxing how it is. Give a bonus for a ko cool but you cant fine them for boxing lmfao.

goldenboy used to give bonus for KO in their knockout kings cards.

Comment

This encourages the cherry picking of weak chinned bums. And it's actually an advantage to defensive fighters because it will encourage their opponents to open up. Think Rigo/Agbeko.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Mayweather's so good they want to change the rules to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
            Apparently, the WBC and WBA will be taking a page from the UFC and introduce bonuses for boxers who win by KO or TKO and possibly reducing a fighter's purse who coasts. They said it'll help liven up boxing and prevent dullards from exploiting the current system by posturing and using their savvy to mislead judges that a punch was thrown. They didn't mention Mayweather by name.
            LOL I guarantee the WBA/WBC will not implement this, especially in the bigger fights.

Plus, they didn't have to take it from UFC, numerous boxing competitions and promotions around the world already have KO bonuses.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              Ward is definitely not boring. He fights on the inside and outside-rough and rugged at times and highly skilled. Sounds like he beat one of your favorite fighters.
              Like who I don't even pay attention to his fights all I know is many people write he head butts and holds. To be honest I have never watch a Ward fight just tells you how marketable he is Oakland is all I have to say

Comment

This would be good if there weren't so many mismatches in boxing. Some coddled prospect who's going to make a lot of money anyway gets to make extra cash for knocking out some bum?

Comment

Working...
                X