No announcement yet.

Brandon Rios leave Robert Garcia, this dude is not a serious trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punchr View Post
    It was the right decision. Rios needs a trainer who is going to focus on him and spend time training him, not divert training duties to his bum ass son or ex-convict friends.
    I already seen improvements in Rios head movement under Funez

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
      How do explain Rios' improved training habits after leaving Garcia then?
      Basically I figured Brandon was under the category of 'Can't teach an old dog new tricks' plus Brandon has a documented history of bad training camps and weight management. Brandon's passing the eyeball check now, but to be honest, I could chalk that up to the new honeymoon between trainer and fighter. Let's see what Brandon does in the ring and what training adjustments he makes for the future.

Comment

I always laugh when i see fighters like Rio changing trainers and then we see the normal post on here about "They have improve".........Bradley with Atlas "He has improve".... these fighters might add one or two things to their fighting game or even change the way they do things under a new trainer but it is very difficult to see a major change after like 10 years with one trainer.

Comment

Hectari youve reached legendary level

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
            What's with all the Garcia hate? He's not a strict disciplinarian like Atlas and May weather Sr. He is a well rounded trainer that truly focuses on strong fundamentals. Maidana did great under his tuteledge but then again Ariza was probably a big factor with making weight.
            If I had to say what he lacks is obviously his fighters not making weight consistently, which he should just hire the right people to handle that aspect of training.
            But the buck stops at the fighter themselves and I don't think Garcia is the type of high energy tyrant that many other trainers become to get results
            In a way I want to agree with many on this thread since many of Garcia's have either failed to make weight or struggled making weight!

But ultimately it's up to the fighter! Time in the gym is only part of the training! A world class fighter will have a dietitian, physical trainer and someone to take care of your hands. Of course they work hand in hand with the boxing trainer!

I've heard Pacquiao also desensitises the nerve-endings in his body to pain by having his training partners to beat his forearms and stomach with a bamboo stick – a practice so unpleasant his coach Freddie Roach leaves the gym.

I've always like Brandon Rios and I wish him luck!

Comment

Working...
            X