No announcement yet.

If Brook beats Porter he is UK's #2 and officially ahead of Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Brook beats Porter he is UK's #2 and officially ahead of Khan

Now I've long been a critic of Mr Brook but if he does the business against Porter he is the new king of the british Welterweight scene and it will set up a mega-fight in the UK that I would have a merry time witnessing.

I think Brook is gonna do the business, Porter can't do what he did vs Devon and Paulie because Brook has power that will stop you in your tracks.

This will be a delightful and rather interesting scrap.

Yep he'd be #2, #1 would Still be Khan.

Comment

Brook tools Con out in 4th round jaw shattering excitement.

Comment

Brook would definitely gain a lot of ground if he beats Porter and I hope he does because he deserves some big paydays in the future too and a victory over porter will provide that for him.. i'd like to see Khan vs Brook down the line too, it could be a massive fight in the uk and to me its a 50-50 fight although i'd be rooting for khan in that one naturally

Comment

Well you'd think he'd already be ahead of Khan now considering he's had 30+ fights at Welterweight and Amir has had 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Well you'd think he'd already be ahead of Khan now considering he's had 30+ fights at Welterweight and Amir has had 1.
            Well he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by King Canelo View Post
              Well he's not.
              Exactly, which is sad.

If he beats Porter, he'll be the number 1 welterweight in the UK - kinda goes without saying. Glad you made a thread about it doe

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Exactly, which is sad.

If he beats Porter, he'll be the number 1 welterweight in the UK - kinda goes without saying. Glad you made a thread about it doe
                Thanks, plus it will set up a megafight ala Froch/Groves, maybe even bigger, this has been brewing for years.

Comment

The keyword here is "IF"...

Comment

I think he is ahead of Khan right now. He has always fought at 147 lbs. He has won all his fights and never been off his feet, Khan has three losses, two by KO. Khan has only one win at welterweight and that was over lightly regarded Collazo. All the groups that rank fighters have Brook ranked higher than Khan including Ring, Boxing Scene and Boxrec. I think Porter will beat Brook but will Khan fight the Porter-Brook winner or keep fighting weak opponents while he waits for an unearned fight with Mayweather or Pacquiao to be gifted to him?

Comment

Working...
                    X