Manuel 'Diamond Boy' Charr vs. Alexander Povetkin CONFIRMED

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manuel 'Diamond Boy' Charr vs. Alexander Povetkin CONFIRMED

Taken from Charr's Facebook page.

Manuel Charr faces its second "mission Moscow"! The "Diamond Boy" in the Russian capital against ex-world and Olympic champion Alexander Povetkin in the ring rises on May 30. The WBC international champion title is at stake. "This will be a big fight," fr. forward. "I am very proud that I've managed to pull this big fish on land. The duel with Povektin is my chance to qualify again for a world title fight. The winner will take a top position in the WBC rankings. "And I'm sure: if I beat Povetkin in Moscow, I will meet my fate and become world champion as José Sulaiman I promised it."

Charr Povetkin know each other well, trained and fought earlier together with the Sauerland-stall in Berlin. But both parted from Sauerland and go now its own way: Manuel Charr marketed with its "diamond boy promotion" itself, while Alexander Povetkin winger for Russian oligarch Andrey Ryabinsky. Ryabinsky gave his protégé lost in October last year a world championship fight against Wladimir Klitschko, the Povetkin - then reigning WBA world heavyweight champion - over twelve rounds unanimous after points. Also charr was known already in Moscow against a Klitschko brother in the ring. The "Diamond Boy" against the now-retired Vitali Klitschko because of cuts in the fight was taken in September 2012.

"I know Moscow, and Moscow knows me," says charr. "That's why it was no question that I would accept the fight also abroad for me. I have many fans and friends in Russia since my appearance against Klitschko. That's why this is for me like a home game. I also travel of course with a large team to Moscow. Together we will beat Povetkin, after Germany take the WBC International title, and are then also world champion. This struggle is the key to do this."

Charr and his team of trainers to Patrick Dobroschi and Clive remain salt exactly four weeks to prepare for the day. "This is a very short time while actually, but since I've boxed mid-April against Kevin Johnson, I am anyway in very good shape", so the "Diamond Boy". "I promise all my fans that I will prepare myself perfectly on the fight and set. This will be a great battle. "And at the end, I'll be the winner!"
    Who wins and why? Poll added.
    The TRUE WBC Champ - Manuel 'Diamond Boy' Charr
    44.44%
    Alexander Povetkin
    55.56%
    Too close to call / evenly matched
    0.00%

I hope Povetkin wins. There is something very off-putting about Charr.

Comment

Diamond Lad KO1

Comment

good matchup. both can bang & charr is pretty aggressive. he is also easy to hit but he absorbs punches well. povetkin has gained lots of experience the last several years & I think that will be the difference in this fight. he has fought at a higher level for years & I don't think charr is the big puncher that would give povetkin problems. good scrap but I expect a UD for povetkin.

Comment

That's awesome. Hope Charr wins

Comment

I like charr, but Povetkin beats him convincingly. There are levels between these two.

Comment

Working...
            X