Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing fans, I need your help (serious post)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did, but that Adam guy seems to be very ahead of ya

Comment

Originally posted by Integrital View Post
      He has a lot more notoriety than I have, so for me to basically be keeping up with him, more or less, I'm proud of that. A lot of people have stepped up, shared my Facebook posts, tweeted for me, asked their followers to tweet for me, etc. It's a very humbling experience and at this point, win or lose, I'm a happy man, because people came out and showed what we're made of. I'm proud of that.

That said, I want to win. Badly. All I need, for now, is to make it to the next tier, which is the top 10. If I can do that, I believe my voice can do the rest.

Thank you.
      How about do a funny Vine? YouTube video with your voice. Those things that are funny get shared. Even Reddit can help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        No problem. What happens in the next stage for the final ten?.
        They're not giving us a whole lot of details, but as I understand it, the top 10 from the voting go forward and we each get to call a chunk (about half) of upcoming live San Diego Padres games at Petco Park. From there, I think, it's all voice. I hope it is, because that's a contest I believe I can win.

Originally posted by sukhenkoy View Post
        Voted for you.

Good luck, Patrick.
        Thank you ever so much.

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
        Indeed, but in the grand scheme, I'm a nobody. He's been on television and on a number of professional wrestling cards, and wrestling fans are a RABID bunch. It doesn't surprise me that he's well ahead. I believe I can beat him with my voice and delivery. And I read scripts well.

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
        How about do a funny Vine? YouTube video with your voice. Those things that are funny get shared. Even Reddit can help.
        Actually, Reddit is a fantastic idea. I didn't even think of that. I don't have Vine, but I've briefly thought of that too.

If this helps, here's a video of me doing some announcing (short video, not great quality) at Padres Fan Fest in February at Petco Park:

Click here

Also, here's a clip of me announcing on Padres vs. Dodger Opening Day on that Padres website I posted in the first post of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
          By the way, if THIS helps, I'm a huge metal fan. Just saw Amon Amarth here not long ago. Really dig brutal death, blackened death and symphonic black metal.

Comment

They're not giving us a whole lot of details, but as I understand it, the top 10 from the voting go forward and we each get to call a chunk (about half) of upcoming live San Diego Padres games at Petco Park. From there, I think, it's all voice. I hope it is, because that's a contest I believe I can win.

Thank you ever so much.

Indeed, but in the grand scheme, I'm a nobody. He's been on television and on a number of professional wrestling cards, and wrestling fans are a RABID bunch. It doesn't surprise me that he's well ahead. I believe I can beat him with my voice and delivery. And I read scripts well.

Actually, Reddit is a fantastic idea. I didn't even think of that. I don't have Vine, but I've briefly thought of that too.

If this helps, here's a video of me doing some announcing (short video, not great quality) at Padres Fan Fest in February at Petco Park:

Click here

Also, here's a clip of me announcing on Padres vs. Dodger Opening Day on that Padres website I posted in the first post of the thread.
            Decent video bro, but maybe ask your friends to take more that are better quality. This is the age that Youtube and other social media can make you money directly or through familiarity.

You have a good voice and the beard is pretty noticeable. I am sure once more videos of you are around doing pretty funny things etc... will get you somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
              Decent video bro, but maybe ask your friends to take more that are better quality. This is the age that Youtube and other social media can make you money directly or through familiarity.

You have a good voice and the beard is pretty noticeable. I am sure once more videos of you are around doing pretty funny things etc... will get you somewhere.
              It was taken by my wife, who was on the field at the time. It was all she could do, unfortunately.

But perhaps this will help, considering I'm up against a wrestling guy:

Me calling out Adam Pearce, Wrestling Style

Comment

Only about an hour left to vote. Thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

It was taken by my wife, who was on the field at the time. It was all she could do, unfortunately.

But perhaps this will help, considering I'm up against a wrestling guy:

Me calling out Adam Pearce, Wrestling Style
                  That was pretty sick. Tweet him it LOL.

Comment

Only 70 behind. You can do it!

Spam that video where ever you can bro!

Comment

OK you can vote more than once it seems. Vote and then refresh...

Edit: Maybe not lol.

Voted on my 2nd twitter account though. You are gaining ground. Good luck!
                      Last edited by Unseen; 04-07-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X