Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the Mayweather camp and fans hype up the Ghost?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    There's nothing to hype up. It is what it is, which is like Pacquiao-Clottey, an elite champ versus a middling contender. It's the epitome of bleh. Can only hope Mayweather looks his age and things get interesting. Would much rather see Canelo in there, even if his resume sucks but, what can you do?
    Why do you think that Canelo has earned the fight over Guerrero?

Comment

[QUOTE=Fetta;12867021]
      Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post

He earned by beating the WBC 1 contender than beat the crap put of Berto. He is the mandatory and the WBC interim champion and is a 6 time champion in 4 divisions. I can care less if hes mexican or chinese or from mars on cinco de mayo as ling ad its earned and it is earned
      Dude just like 3 fights ago he fought Casmoyer in one of the worst fights I have ever seen and Casamoyer was like a 100. And I can't believe that you brought up the fact that he is #1 contender by the WBC, like that actually means something. And you don't think that being Mexican fighting on Cinco de Mayo won't mean anything in this promotion?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        He never said Canelo earned a crack at Floyd over Guerrero. He's just stating what the majority of boxing fans here are stating. That a fight between Floyd and Canelo is more interesting giving the size disparity and stylistic matchup than Floyd/Guerrero. Think about it. What chance does Guerrero have? Outbox Floyd? Not happening. His only shot is to try and rough Floyd up ala Berto.

Comment

[QUOTE=Thornton Melon;12867040]
          Originally posted by Fetta View Post

Dude just like 3 fights ago he fought Casmoyer in one of the worst fights I have ever seen and Casamoyer was like a 100. And I can't believe that you brought up the fact that he is #1 contender by the WBC, like that actually means something. And you don't think that being Mexican fighting on Cinco de Mayo won't mean anything in this promotion?
          no unlike you i dont care about the promotional part of the sport i just wanna watch sport. Who cares about how much they make or what nationality he is! I guarantee if he fought Martinez it would sell even though neither is mexican. Mayweather fought Mosley on May 1st which was considered the cinco de mayo weekend. He fought Cotto who last time i checked isnt mexican. And Casamoyer was boring but who cares he got the W. Bad fights unfortunatly happen. And if he was 100 for that fight than he must of been 150 as Pacs gatekeeper vs Bradley. Anyway stop hating and just enjoy that we get a fight against a legit but not huge name opponent

Comment

I promise I won't ever complain about Floyd's apposition if he chooses to fight Martinez at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              He never said Canelo earned a crack at Floyd over Guerrero. He's just stating what the majority of boxing fans here are stating. That a fight between Floyd and Canelo is more interesting giving the size disparity and stylistic matchup than Floyd/Guerrero. Think about it. What chance does Guerrero have? Outbox Floyd? Not happening. His only shot is to try and rough Floyd up ala Berto.
              The style matchup is the reason I'm not interested in Mayweather/Alvarez. I just imagine Alvarez whiffing at distance and eating counters. The size and Mayweather's age is the only reason that's interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SwineFlu View Post
                I promise I won't ever complain about Floyd's apposition if he chooses to fight Martinez at 154.
                That is my superfight but thats not for another year if ever. Unless Canelo loses

Comment

What's there to hype?? The Ghost hurt himself. Had more than a year off. Talked trash, jumped 2 weight classes, struggled with a strong undefeated welterweight, totally sonned Berto & earned his shot.

There are only 2 names being tossed around for a Floyd date. Of the 2, I absolutely without a doubt prefer it to be the Ghost. If I had my way of course, Floyd & Martinez would be fighting at 154 for pfp supremacy & making the only true mega fight left in the sport. I'd actually pay for that fight, without streaming & in high def. But since my choice is either the Ghost or ginger, I prefer the Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    I didn't say he earned it. At all.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fetta;12867095]
                      Originally posted by Thornton Melon View Post
                      no unlike you i dont care about the promotional part of the sport i just wanna watch sport. Who cares about how much they make or what nationality he is! I guarantee if he fought Martinez it would sell even though neither is mexican. Mayweather fought Mosley on May 1st which was considered the cinco de mayo weekend. He fought Cotto who last time i checked isnt mexican. And Casamoyer was boring but who cares he got the W. Bad fights unfortunatly happen. And if he was 100 for that fight than he must of been 150 as Pacs gatekeeper vs Bradley. Anyway stop hating and just enjoy that we get a fight against a legit but not huge name opponent
                      I don't care about the promotion part either but the fact that he is Mexican helps the promotion. Same way it helped him when JMM made the jump to fight him and the same way it helped when fighting Ortiz. It will garner more ppv buys. Name recognition helped sell the fight with Cotto and Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                      X