Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you give floyd credit for dominating jmm like no 1's ever done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    Credit yes, Respect no. To me they are different. Floyd gets credit for the win but the 144 weight and the $600k for the 2lbs over was simply the bigger draw exerting too much influence over the parameters of the fight.
    I echo your sentiments. It was a good solid win where he showed more skill and ability than JMM. But he was too big for him. If Floyd was naturally a lightweight or JMM naturally a welterweight, it would have been closer, no doubt. Probably the same result, but definitely closer. I think also the whole weight issue coming 2lbs over the contract weight was a ***** move and taking away JMM's only advantage. So a good solid win and deserving of credit, yes...definitely. But fighting him at a more respectable weight, or earlier in his career etc...would have been much more impressive. And then just the fact that so many other fighters were there for him and he picked someone two divisions lower.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
      lmao. you listed guys like Artur Grigorian and Sven Ottke you dumbass. Grigorian never beat a single top ten fighter while he held his title and Ottke probably only legitimately beat 4 good opponents at best fairly while he held the title, and Im probably being generous.
      Same same.......... if you think Norris is a HOF (deserving) then good for you. OK?

Weak sauce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chups View Post
        Same same.......... if you think Norris is a HOF (deserving) then good for you. OK?

Weak sauce.
        just to confirm, you have no argument whatsoever that Grigorian is somehow as accomplished as Norris was, correct?

excellent. so you were completely wrong. well done!

Comment

• Umm not really. If Hopkins moved Martinez up and ended up dominating would you be suprised? Alot of guys would give JMM fits at 147. Especially if his opponent is 154. Honesty even someone like Cintron would have a good chance at beating JMM ate 147. Especially if Cintron is 154.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
            just to confirm, you have no argument whatsoever that Grigorian is somehow as accomplished as Norris was, correct?

excellent. so you were completely wrong. well done!
            Yes I bow to you. Can I go now? Thanks.

Comment

Yes I bow to you. Can I go now? Thanks.
              youre the one who decided to come back to the thread. I thought you might actually have had some sort of argument instead of a sarcastic remark.

Comment

• Not really. When I saw them in the ring it was obvious that Floyd was huge, JMM looked really small against him. I thought that Floyd was going to KO Marquez, since he's really good and was a lot heavier than Marquez. Still the fight ended in a UD. I gave more respect to Marquez for trying to do everything to win. Floyd should've KOd JMM, but he didn't =/.

Comment

Thanks! Your opinion here is very well respected.

Sigh.

My friend, I'm here to talk boxing, not search for "respect." Clowns like you ruin NSB by blabbering all sorts of uninformed opinions, typically doing it while on your knees. Most of the sharper guys in this forum don't have the patience or energy to slap you a couple times while you're already down there. I have no issues doing it while talk boxing. But keep it up. Yeah, we may have to wait five years to watch a nuthugger like you disappear, but guess what? I don't mind because I'll still be talking boxing then while you search for the next hero to latch your life to.

Comment

• He deserves credit. There was a difference of skill on display that night. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Sigh.

My friend, I'm here to talk boxing, not search for "respect." Clowns like you ruin NSB by blabbering all sorts of uninformed opinions, typically doing it while on your knees. Most of the sharper guys in this forum don't have the patience or energy to slap you a couple times while you're already down there. I have no issues doing it while talk boxing. But keep it up. Yeah, we may have to wait five years to watch a nuthugger like you disappear, but guess what? I don't mind because I'll still be talking boxing then while you search for the next hero to latch your life to.
                      All it would take is one loss and POOF.. all the stans will be gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X