Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey...Whos the SECOND Greatest MMA Fighter next to Fedor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    I think Anderson Silva's recent opposition >>>>>> Fedor's. He has fought atg fighters and beat them quickly. Fedor has struggled with a guy who was changing tires a year before fighting him.

Kinda tells you who's the best MMA fighter.

I agree that P4P Silva is the best in the world now BUT Rogers proved he was a legit guy when he KO Arlovski.

My question is why do you bash Rogers as a fighter when he was in fact a undefeated guy who had a KO win on a top 5 HW. What does changing tires a year before have anything to do with anything? You can't change facts. How do you know Rogers wouldn't steam roll Randy Couture?

Comment

Fedor is 31 - 1- 1

His only loss came from a cut, because the organization ends fights after a fighter gets cut. He wrecked the dude who cut him in that fight in the rematch.

The dude is UNDEFEATED. At the highest weight class, and it's not even his natural weight class, he could cut to 205 he if really wanted to. How can you guys deny Fedor as GOAT of MMA?

Anderson Silva is amazing, but lets not throw him in ionosphere levels. Forrest Griffin took quaaludes pre-fight, and that's on records.

Silva's amazing, but Griffin is literally a dude off the streets who trains hard. I love Forrest as much as the next dude, but it was like Roy Jones vs. Buster Douglas in there.

I got BJ Penn over GSP in P4P rankings, because he jumped weights. The dude even fought Lyoto Machida at HW - a fight in which i think he was robbed of a decision ala Shogun.

Comment

St. Pierre followed closely by Silva.

GSP smokes top competition on a consistent basis moreso than Silva or even Fedor.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
          Kazushi Sakuraba
          This^^^no contest really.

Comment

I think Anderson Silva's recent opposition >>>>>> Fedor's. He has fought atg fighters and beat them quickly. Fedor has struggled with a guy who was changing tires a year before fighting him.

When did he struggle in that fight? When a previous cut got reopened? When he was tossing a much larger man around the cage like a rag doll? Perhaps you're talking about Rogers failed Ground N pound that only landed 3 punches? Or maybe when Fedor cracked Rogers jaw so hard that his afro mohawk turned sideways...

Comment

Greatest Resume is GSP(even better than Fedor's)

Greatest overall skill wise is Fedor, and after that it's pretty hard to say. GSP and Penn are better in overall skill than Anderson Silva but Silva's ground defense coupled with his amazing standup makes him more dominant. It's hard to say who has the most skill after Fedor.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 02-07-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

when's the last time Silva fought someone who out weighs him by over 35 pounds?

Practically every single one of Fedor's opponents in his career has been bigger than him. That just makes his skill level that much more amazing.

Anderson got dominated and submitted by Takase who is naturally smaller than Silva. Silva's ground game is weak. While Fedor can handle himself against world class ground fighters who are bigger than him, and world class standup fighters who are bigger than him. Fedor's skill is off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                  when's the last time Silva fought someone who out weighs him by over 35 pounds?

Practically every single one of Fedor's opponents in his career has been bigger than him. That just makes his skill level that much more amazing.

Anderson got dominated and submitted by Takase who is naturally smaller than Silva. Silva's ground game is weak. While Fedor can handle himself against world class ground fighters who are bigger than him, and world class standup fighters who are bigger than him. Fedor's skill is off the charts.
                  He also got subbed my Chonen, and completely Dominated on the ground by Carlos Newton..

Comment

Anderson Silva, then GSP.

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                      When did he struggle in that fight? When a previous cut got reopened? When he was tossing a much larger man around the cage like a rag doll? Perhaps you're talking about Rogers failed Ground N pound that only landed 3 punches? Or maybe when Fedor cracked Rogers jaw so hard that his afro mohawk turned sideways...
                      Green K for that. Still laughing...

But yes, the Fedor hate is based on nothing more than Dana White saying that he was a farce like a year and a half ago, and people not paying attention to what Fedor has done. They just listen to Dana like there's no such thing as MMA outside the UFC. He's fought better competition AFTER the UFC killed PRIDE and bulldozed everyone. He ducks nobody, lets not forget he was about to fight Barnett who was a top 5 HW for a long time until Barnett pissed hot. He just won't sign Dana's contract because M-1 has him by the pubes.

Comment

Working...
                      X