Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Pavlik would damage golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that the guy that Ward ducked in 2013?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
      The range and power would bee too much. Only slick boxers can handle pavlik. His shots would fell little G

Completely disagree. I think GGG would handle Pavlik with ease. Jermain Taylor as well. Pavlik was an OK belt holde but GGG is on another level.

GGG would not eat big punches. His jab would land on Pavlik he has a great punch selection that would confuse Pavlik and GGG has great body shots that I think will cause serious problems (a KO like Macklin.)

GGG is not an ATG middleweight - but he's definitely above Pavlik. I think you're seriously underestimating Golovkin.

Comment

All I hear is Would and Could. You got more than fantasy matchups? Like facts?

GGG was born 3 days later than Pavlik, both of them are 34 now. Damn Pavlik had a tiny Prime. How long is GGGs prime? GGG is in his prime since he started fighting then.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          Completely disagree. I think GGG would handle Pavlik with ease. Jermain Taylor as well. Pavlik was an OK belt holde but GGG is on another level.

GGG would not eat big punches. His jab would land on Pavlik he has a great punch selection that would confuse Pavlik and GGG has great body shots that I think will cause serious problems (a KO like Macklin.)

GGG is not an ATG middleweight - but he's definitely above Pavlik. I think you're seriously underestimating Golovkin.

"GGG on another level"

Yeah the only fights bums level

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
            "GGG on another level"

Yeah the only fights bums level
            ok. You don't like him fine. You think his fanboyz go too far? I agree. But he has been clearing out his division. Has fought every Middleweight willing to fight him. I think everyone agrees that he is the best Middleweight in the world., placing GGG over Saunders and Lee and Eubank and Quillen and Jacobs.

That's not bad. That's not ATG good but that's not shabby.

I would like to see those fights (plus Canelo) so we don't have to guess.

GGG has taken out the middleweight division and has rarely had close rounds, let alone a close fight.

You make it sound as if GGG was a face first brawler like Provodnikov or was only knocking out bums like Wilder has (until recently).

GGG has been fighting and beating TOP 10 and TOP 5 fighters for the past 4+ years. Yeah there are stupid fights once in a while like Wade but Lemieux was a belt holder, Murray fought and held his own against Martinez and Sturm, Geale, Macklin and Rubio were not bums. Their not greats. But they were ranked fighters.

This is called clearing out a division.

It was a shame that Pirog got hurt; unfortunate that GGG didn't fight Martinez, Quillen, Jacobs, Cotto or Canelo.

Even if you dislike GGG do you think he was a diva or was it bad luck and gamesmenship on the part of Quillen, Cotto and Canelo that those fights didn't go through?

FV ck the bluster about 154-68 - GGG is the man at middleweight. The whole world knows it. You know it. You don't get to be the man by only fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
              All I hear is Would and Could. You got more than fantasy matchups? Like facts?

GGG was born 3 days later than Pavlik, both of them are 34 now. Damn Pavlik had a tiny Prime. How long is GGGs prime? GGG is in his prime since he started fighting then.
              I had to look this up because I remember Pavlik retiring pretty young. Couldn't believe he was only 3 days older. Shame what alcohol can do.

Comment

Working...
              X