Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Feels Mayweather Lost His Mind With 'Draw' of Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
    It is about what you believe, because that is what you stated in your argument; that you believe Manny asked for a toradol shot in order to protect him from Floyd's punches. You don't know that was the reason and you can't prove it. Furthermore, it's utterly ridiculous and insulting to Manny to suggest that.

Sorry son, but you don't know me well enough to know my thoughts. And who made you the authority on what justifies a rematch? Rematch buzz is circulating as we speak, and not necessarily just because Manny lost the decision to Floyd. The controversies surrounding the first fight, coupled with Manny's post-surgery definitive win over Bradley are also factors. If I want to try my hand at mind-reading like you have, I'd say that maybe you are afraid that a rematch between Manny & Floyd might go differently than the first fight. You can't bear the thought of your beloved Floyd losing. You talk about it just lining the pockets of the fighters, but honestly, what do you care about that? Are you a fight fan, or an accountant?
    its so obvious...

floyd fans: we dont wanna see a rematch, no point, easy work, floyd beat pac already, we dont want to see that **** again.

then comes on boxingscene to post about how floyd schooled manny, etc.

if yall dont wanna see it again, why yall keep talking about how floyd schooled manny?

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      Why would Pacquiao suddenly need Toradol to withstand punches, going in to face Floyd Mayweather? What an asinine comment.
      What he said!!! Great post!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        It's not about what I believe, its about what happened. Manny did ask for Toradol after claiming he was 100% and not putting the injury on the form. You can't have it both ways dude. You want Manny to be given the benefit of the doubt even though he clearly lied.

This is post JMM KHTFO Manny. So, given that. Yes I believe Manny would ask for Toradol for something other than a shoulder injury.

You can't use speculation to prove reason. You are "criticizing" him for fighting injured only to justify the loss and support your desire for a rematch. Same as mentioning the IV. You are trying to take away from the victory to make a rematch justified when it isn't.

Rematches are justified when there is a:

Robbery
        Close fight/draw
        fight cut short for medical reasons
        Loser works their way back to top spot

The only valid reason for a Floyd/manny rematch is it made an insane amount of money and a rematch, despite almost everyone calculating a 50% drop off in purchases, would still be one of the top 5 grossing fights ever.

You want a rematch only because Manny lost. Can't you just be honest about that? Trying to make it justified when it isn't suggests you will use the ******ed "ducking the rematch" crap like some of the very worst froch and cotto fans have used relative to ward and canelo rematches.
        so why didnt pac ask for it against rios, bradley, algieri? all those fights were post jmm ktfo...........

Comment

• Originally posted by WSSD View Post
          its so obvious...

floyd fans: we dont wanna see a rematch, no point, easy work, floyd beat pac already, we dont want to see that **** again.

then comes on boxingscene to post about how floyd schooled manny, etc.

if yall dont wanna see it again, why yall keep talking about how floyd schooled manny?
          It is the t@rd brigade.. It was an easy fight. I prefer the loss to Castillo, or the ball smashing vs Maidana!!!

I want to see Floyd get ****ed up!!!! Even if his opponent gets ****ing disqualified.. Where is Nate Diaz when I need him, a true northerner, from Stockton, gangsterVille!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            It is about what you believe, because that is what you stated in your argument; that you believe Manny asked for a toradol shot in order to protect him from Floyd's punches. You don't know that was the reason and you can't prove it. Furthermore, it's utterly ridiculous and insulting to Manny to suggest that.

Sorry son, but you don't know me well enough to know my thoughts. And who made you the authority on what justifies a rematch? Rematch buzz is circulating as we speak, and not necessarily just because Manny lost the decision to Floyd. The controversies surrounding the first fight, coupled with Manny's post-surgery definitive win over Bradley are also factors. If I want to try my hand at mind-reading like you have, I'd say that maybe you are afraid that a rematch between Manny & Floyd might go differently than the first fight. You can't bear the thought of your beloved Floyd losing. You talk about it just lining the pockets of the fighters, but honestly, what do you care about that? Are you a fight fan, or an accountant?
            You are right, I do not know why Manny asked for Toradol when he wasn't injured. you asked why would he request a Toradol shot if he wasn't hurt. I tried to answer that plausibly. The only thing I could think was to lessen the effect of the punches.

Why is it insulting to Manny to suggest that? He did ask for Toradol and he clearly said on the form he wasn't hurt or injured. I am not making this up. Why would someone that says they are not injured request Toradol?

Rematch buzz isn't circulating. I think you are overstating that. WHat controversies are these? There is crazy internet theories spun by posters like SPoon23 and Rath, but very few serious fans or media are suggesting a rematch.

I am not saying I am the authority on rematches. It's not mind reading. Its reading what you wrote and reaching a conclusion.

We are discussing if a rematch is warranted. I am saying no. DOn't confuse that with not wanting to see them fight again. If you think I am afraid of Floyd fighting Manny, fine. Just note the I want to see Floyd fight GGG. I think more people think GGG would defeat Floyd than Manny. ALso any of the old timers here will tell you, I have never been worried about Manny beating Floyd.

Yes, I am a fight fan. As a fan, there is no need for a rematch. The 1st fight was not close in the minds of the overwhelming majority of fans, be them casual or diehards. Most call the fight boring.

Why would any fight fan want a rematch of a fight they thought was a boring one-sided fight?

Comment

so why didnt pac ask for it against rios, bradley, algieri? all those fights were post jmm ktfo...........
              How do we know he didn't? But you bring up a good point.

Let's say he did ask for Toradol for those fights. If he checked off the form that he was injured and then asked for a Toradol shot, that begs the question why did he do it differently for the Floyd fight?

Now, let's say he didn't ask for Toradol. That would mean he and Bob could be lying about the injury and his request for Toradol now looks dubious. That or we would have to believe the injury never bothered him until just now-which of course is possible-he could have trained harder for Floyd.

So why don't you check and see if he did. Would be very interesting.

Comment

You are right, I do not know why Manny asked for Toradol when he wasn't injured. you asked why would he request a Toradol shot if he wasn't hurt. I tried to answer that plausibly. The only thing I could think was to lessen the effect of the punches.

Why is it insulting to Manny to suggest that? He did ask for Toradol and he clearly said on the form he wasn't hurt or injured. I am not making this up. Why would someone that says they are not injured request Toradol?

Rematch buzz isn't circulating. I think you are overstating that. WHat controversies are these? There is crazy internet theories spun by posters like SPoon23 and Rath, but very few serious fans or media are suggesting a rematch.

I am not saying I am the authority on rematches. It's not mind reading. Its reading what you wrote and reaching a conclusion.

We are discussing if a rematch is warranted. I am saying no. DOn't confuse that with not wanting to see them fight again. If you think I am afraid of Floyd fighting Manny, fine. Just note the I want to see Floyd fight GGG. I think more people think GGG would defeat Floyd than Manny. ALso any of the old timers here will tell you, I have never been worried about Manny beating Floyd.

Yes, I am a fight fan. As a fan, there is no need for a rematch. The 1st fight was not close in the minds of the overwhelming majority of fans, be them casual or diehards. Most call the fight boring.

Why would any fight fan want a rematch of a fight they thought was a boring one-sided fight?
                so i went back and look thru the floyd vs pac thread and i found this post which i thought was interesting.. this post was posted about a month before the fight. it stated that either floyd or manny suffer an injury in training but we dont know if its floyd or pac.

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                It seems that a very big upcoming fight will hit an unfortunate snag at some point in the next couple of days. A brief statement is going to be issued either Friday or Saturday explaining that one fighter has suffered an injury that is preventing them from training.

That is it. A source from a source.

We will have too what happens.
                5 out of 6 said it was a hand injury and the 6th said it was a wrist injury.

Nothing concrete, nor implicating the fighters name or the fight.

Will find out in the next couple of days if it is BS or not.
                Some bookie that knows some people in the fight game. 6 Different people all telling him the same story, well 5 one said the wrist was injured.

Just treat it as a rumour at the moment though.

Comment

How do we know he didn't? But you bring up a good point.

Let's say he did ask for Toradol for those fights. If he checked off the form that he was injured and then asked for a Toradol shot, that begs the question why did he do it differently for the Floyd fight?

Now, let's say he didn't ask for Toradol. That would mean he and Bob could be lying about the injury and his request for Toradol now looks dubious. That or we would have to believe the injury never bothered him until just now-which of course is possible-he could have trained harder for Floyd.

So why don't you check and see if he did. Would be very interesting.
                  because if he did, it would have gotten denied like in the floyd fight! u serious?????

Comment

so i went back and look thru the floyd vs pac thread and i found this post which i thought was interesting.. this post was posted about a month before the fight. it stated that either floyd or manny suffer an injury in training but we dont know if its floyd or pac.
                    I just heard that is was a big fight, not necessarily Pacquiao vs Mayweather.

But if he does, no excuses from you.

But we know you will you can't stop riding Floyd's dick
                    same poster also said this in the same thread when called on it.

Comment

the man said he injured his shoulder. its not like they chop it off or something. so because pac said he injured his right shoulder, he shouldnt be able to do anything with it and the arm is completely dead? lol.

if pac would have stop mid rounds and said he cant fight on anymore because of the pain in his right shoulder and the fight gets stopped, u guys would be complaining about how much of a b1tch manny was to not fight thru with.
                      Y'all are full shit

How many fights did he fight with that injured shoulder? Give me a break.

Again, he threw the right with conviction, throughout the entire fight. That can't be disputed.

Sure, the shoulder needed surgery, but it wasn't having an affect on him in that fight. Period. You simply can't prove otherwise. He showed no signs of not using it.

I know several people who "need" to have surgery. Hell, just about every bodybuilder on the planet "needs" shoulder surgery. But they bench press anyway.

The surgery was an excuse as to why he got his ass kicked. And if there's a rematch, he'll get his ass kicked again. And you'll still be here with a new list of excuses.

Comment

Working...
                      X