Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko Halts Training Camp To Return To Ukraine Because of Political Crisis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fight hasn't officially been called off yet, has it?

Comment

Top guy class act! Democracy in Ukraine is far more important than him fighting adamek! It might come as a shock to you people but some things are more important then boxing

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
        The fight hasn't officially been called off yet, has it?
        nah it's just a speculation. imo the fight is going to happen for sure.

Comment

Vitali might not have an official position in Ukranian politics, but his political party as well as his personal notoriety can help shine light and bring attention to this issue. The other thing is getting situations like these noticed is the biggest thing. Its when the government abuses its power and it isnt spotlighted that its the scariest. Vitali calling off a fight that everyone in the Ukraine as well as everyone in the surrounding countries knew was about to happen, brings the situation to the attention of everyone in Eastern Europe. Its a lot harder for a government to be corrupt when there is transparency. I do worry about Vitali's safety though. Dude is pretty fearless.

Also, he's not just a face like Pacquiao. Vitali follows whats going on, he has opinions. He wouldnt show up to campaign for some guy he's never met and knows nothing about like Pacquiao.

I hope the fight with Adamek is still on, and I dont see a way that nothing happens on September 10th, I could see even an Adamek vs. Arreola rematch. Maybe Wlad will get back into training and theyll delay the fight 2 weeks or so. Maybe Vitali will get back into training in a couple days. One thing is for sure, if Vitali fights Adamek on September 10th, he wont, and the boxing community wont use this as an excuse for a less than stellar performance.

Comment

The Klitschkos are very well known in Europe.
            Translation: They're well known on the continent that 99.9% of the world's population couldn't give a **** about.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
              nah it's just a speculation. imo the fight is going to happen for sure.
              The NY Times says the fight is "delayed," so it might be moved back.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Translation: They're well known on the continent that 99.9% of the world's population couldn't give a **** about.

Poet
                How's life in the double-wide going, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
                  Vitali might not have an official position in Ukranian politics, but his political party as well as his personal notoriety can help shine light and bring attention to this issue. The other thing is getting situations like these noticed is the biggest thing. Its when the government abuses its power and it isnt spotlighted that its the scariest. Vitali calling off a fight that everyone in the Ukraine as well as everyone in the surrounding countries knew was about to happen, brings the situation to the attention of everyone in Eastern Europe. Its a lot harder for a government to be corrupt when there is transparency. I do worry about Vitali's safety though. Dude is pretty fearless.

Also, he's not just a face like Pacquiao. Vitali follows whats going on, he has opinions. He wouldnt show up to campaign for some guy he's never met and knows nothing about like Pacquiao.

I hope the fight with Adamek is still on, and I dont see a way that nothing happens on September 10th, I could see even an Adamek vs. Arreola rematch. Maybe Wlad will get back into training and theyll delay the fight 2 weeks or so. Maybe Vitali will get back into training in a couple days. One thing is for sure, if Vitali fights Adamek on September 10th, he wont, and the boxing community wont use this as an excuse for a less than stellar performance.
                  I feel sorry for Tomasz, but after all of Poland's politcal problems, I'm sure he can understand what Vitali is fighting for here. This is a crucial moment for Ukraine, if the former PM of the pro-democracy party gets brought down, Putin will tighten his grip on Ukraine via his henchmen in the Ukrainian government.

Let's hope Putin doesn't decide to poison Vitali or do something equally heinous.

Comment

How's life in the double-wide going, by the way?
                    How's that Klan rally you're attending going by the way?

Poet

Comment

Vitali is doing the right thing here. Obviously, as a fight fan I wanted to see this fight. All action between two warriors. But a mans country and his people matter more then any fight ever could. Stay safe Champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X