• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Resident Evil 2 Remake Is Official

6/11/2018 update

Coming January 25 2019.

http://kotaku.com/the-resident-evil-...ing-1723620466

“You’ve been telling us for years that you want Resident Evil 2 to be remade,” said Capcom producer Yoshiaki Hirabyashi, “and we haven’t been able to make it happen...until now.”

“It will be some time before we can bring you an update on this project,” said Hirabyashi.

That’s because this is different than what Capcom is doing with Resident Evil 0, which is an “HD remaster,” not a full-on remake. With this project, they’re going back to the drawing board.

Resident Evil 2 was (and is!) an incredible game, and absolutely deserves a new look. The original Resident Evil remake is the standard bearer for remakes, though, and Shinji Mikami is no longer at Capcom. The development team has their work cut out for them, but I’m psyched!

Woohoo!
    Last edited by -Kev-; 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM.

Resi 2 is one of my all time favourite games. I'm more excited for this and FF7 than any new games.

Comment

[IMG]http://ist2-2.filesor.com/***********.com/2/2/4/3/22438/2/1/n/4/21n4A/tumblr_m14dcxwcE01r4cqijo1_400.gif[/IMG]

Comment

I can't wait. Because this is an actual remake, not a remaster. So that means we're getting RE2 on next gen graphics. I'm excited as fck. You know if this game does good numbers, which going by the FB likes and amount of youtube views, it will; That means we'll eventually get Resident Evil 3 remake as well. Resident Evil Remake remastered got 1 million+ buys and that was just a remaster, so imagine what RE2 remake will do.

Comment

I don't know if there is that much of a demand for it they release it every console generation, I definitely don't want to replay this I would much rather get an original game

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            I don't know if there is that much of a demand for it they release it every console generation, I definitely don't want to replay this I would much rather get an original game
            Oh there has been demand for it. Like I said, if a remaster of a 2002 remake of a 1996 game sold over a million digital copies in 2015. Then yeah, RE2 complete remake of the 1998 sequel game will sell. Keep in mind, it's a complete remake, not a HD remaster of the PS1/N64 game. It's gonna be graphically a brand new game.

Comment

It hasn't been that long since i last played Re2 maybe i would get more excited if i see trailer but it's unnecessary imo it's like doing a remake of MGS

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                It hasn't been that long since i last played Re2 maybe i would get more excited if i see trailer but it's unnecessary imo it's like doing a remake of MGS
                RE2 came out 17 years ago.

Dude, a MGS remake of the 1998 game would sell like crazy. You said it as if it's a bad idea. I would play MGS remake in a heartbeat and i'm not a even a MGS fan at all. MGS for PS1 is the only one I played.

Comment

Damn, I can't wait to play this. RE2 was the first one I played since I got my PS1 a few years after it was released. Never got around to playing the first one. I'm sure they'll add some bonus material like extra bosses and weapons.

Comment

Please don't mess this up, Capcom. A proper remake of RE2 would make every other game in the series look like ****. It could be THAT good.

Comment

Working...
                    X