Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much sit ups & push ups should a featherweight do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I am not ambitious (not my interest). I just want to reach a certain physique & I was just wondering which physique that was.

Also, I don't want to be nor trying to be a world champion or anything. I was just interested in a mediocre pro boxing for featherweight.
    Last edited by wilberbear; 09-07-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

if you wish to be mediocre, you are on the right track!

Comment

Yeah, but I want to reach the average. That's why I was asking how many push ups & sit ups for a mediocre (my choice & my want; besides, boxing is for everyone, not just for hardcore ambitious fans) average pro boxer in featherweight. I am not interested in going far in pro boxing. That is not my want nor interest, and someone else's interest is not my business. I don't want it. If my manager is looking for a great battle or greatness, it's his own problem, I should not have to be bothered. I am just looking for a mediocre experience if not none at all. I most likely won't even get into pro boxing at all if things go right. I just want to get into the mediocre average shape by the pro boxer standard.
        Last edited by wilberbear; 09-07-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

If you want to look like a pro boxer then commit and work your a$$ off. If you can't do that then you aren't going to get what you want. There's too many lazy, self entitled little *****s out there so please don't be one. Your weight class doesn't matter for what you're asking about. There are just as many variations between different featherweights as there would be comparing one of them to a heavyweight.

If you want to box then train like you could be killed in the ring if you don't or you can not train and potentially get killed or severe brain damage. The latter might not be an issue from what I am seeing.

Comment

Never mind. My weight is 61.4kg right now (lost 700grams already while this thread was ongoing), and my stamina is dead. I can't even do 30 minute jump rope anymore. Couldn't get past 22 minutes just now. From now on, I am just going to do 1 set of 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 50 squats, 50 neck ups & 15 minute jump rope every day (I will see if I can do this tomorrow, then either do this set every day or once per 2 days). I know this is below average featherweight workout, but I just don't have the stamina while dropping weight like now (could do 30 minute jump rope straight 3 days ago). I am not really interested in pro boxing. I was just comparing workout routines. I don't want to have to do pro boxing, and even if I end up doing pro boxing not by my choice but by my life being taken advantage of by someone else, I will only do mediocre boxing. Not interested in world champion or anything. Either I don't do pro boxing or just want the mediocre experience. For my job, probably going to be a house husband or a chef at a restaurant. I am not into pro boxing. I was just gathering information on the average workout routine. I won't be eating & burning 7000 calories like some boxers do. I do not want to be doing that much workout. Also, if I build too much muscles, I am out of featherweight range anyway cause of the muscle weight. Even after I am done dropping weight, I am probably just gonna get back to the 3 sets. For mediocre boxing, that should be enough, and that's all I am aiming for. Not interested in Rocky movie bull****. If things go well, I don't do pro boxing at all. If things go wrong, I do pro boxing but only at a mediocre level.
            Last edited by wilberbear; 09-08-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wilberbear View Post
              Never mind. My weight is 61.4kg right now (lost 700grams already while this thread was ongoing), and my stamina is dead. I can't even do 30 minute jump rope anymore. Couldn't get past 22 minutes just now. From now on, I am just going to do 1 set of 50 push ups, 50 sit ups, 50 squats, 50 neck ups & 15 minute jump rope every day (I will see if I can do this tomorrow, then either do this set every day or once per 2 days). I know this is below average featherweight workout, but I just don't have the stamina while dropping weight like now (could do 30 minute jump rope straight 3 days ago). I am not really interested in pro boxing. I was just comparing workout routines. I don't want to have to do pro boxing, and even if I end up doing pro boxing not by my choice but by my life being taken advantage of by someone else, I will only do mediocre boxing. Not interested in world champion or anything. Either I don't do pro boxing or just want the mediocre experience. For my job, probably going to be a house husband or a chef at a restaurant. I am not into pro boxing. I was just gathering information on the average workout routine. I won't be eating & burning 7000 calories like some boxers do. I do not want to be doing that much workout. Also, if I build too much muscles, I am out of featherweight range anyway cause of the muscle weight. Even after I am done dropping weight, I am probably just gonna get back to the 3 sets. For mediocre boxing, that should be enough, and that's all I am aiming for. Not interested in Rocky movie bull****. If things go well, I don't do pro boxing at all. If things go wrong, I do pro boxing but only at a mediocre level.
              Whatever bro. Just keep doing your own little thing and be a lazy ****. Just don't moan about it on here later when you get no results.

Comment

I was trying to be a "no results" pro boxer. Said I only wanted the mediocre level if anything at all. Also, those workouts are above "regular people" who don't exercise at all anyway. I am not trying to make a result in pro boxing. I don't want to make result in pro boxing. I was just comparing workout routines. I don't want to be pro boxing at all. If anything, I just want the mediocre "no result" experience.

Comment

*EDIT : Forget it, if you can't be bothered nor can I*
                  Last edited by PsychoJim; 09-08-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

My next question would have been "how much time for jump rope or roadwork is required to last 10 rounds in featherweight boxing", but that question seems pointless considering the responses to the muscle question. Obviously, it depends on how the games play out. If the rounds play out in your favor, you save more stamina. I was obviously referring to "in general" & "approximately". Maybe I should have asked "how many push ups does it take to last 10 rounds (as in still punching) in boxing & knock out someone by 1 blow to the liver". After all, I don't need a 0.5 punch to knock someone out. 1 punch is required anyway. +, it is only a featherweight. No matter how much more muscles you build, you need 1 punch, not 0.5. I don't know how many push ups I need for such because I never had the opportunity to punch someone for real with my full power nor last 10 rounds in sparring. So, I want to know how many push ups I need to do for my arms to keep on punching for 10 rounds & to knock out someone by 1 blow to the liver. I want to know how many sit ups I need to do for my ab to take a punch. I want to know how much jump rope I should do to last 10 rounds. All "in general" & "approximately". So far, the responses haven't been any help at all.

I do need the experience of hitting someone for real with full power. I can break bricks youtube.com/watch?v=bL3LeERUkpQ but that is easier than it sounds, so I wouldn't know about knocking out someone with 1 punch especially to the liver instead of chin or temple. Breaking is originally Korean Kihapsul/Kiaijutsu; you've heard of that name if you are serious in Breaking. Breaking is originally not Karate nor Taekwondo nor Kung Fu nor Qiqong. seinenkai.com/articles/noble/noble-oyama.html
                    Last edited by wilberbear; 09-08-2015, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Okay, okay. Here are the numbers:

Pushups : 78
                      Sit-ups : 103
                      Roadwork: 3 miles in 24mins 18 secs
                      Skipping: 43 mins non stop

Keep to those numbers and you should be able to do ten rounds. Whatever you do don't push past those numbers or you won't get the physique of a mediocre featherweight boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X