Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets have sum fun for the end of the year,Floyd haters who has floyd ducked,debate!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    This will be fun

Man you made this thread because of my comments huh? lol Im not a Floyd hater! I used to always argue with my friend about how Floyd was not the one ducking, but then after the end of the cotto fight, this guy goes and says "Take The Test" in front of my whole crew and makes me look like a fool, knowing Pac already agreed! He says Pac is next, then claims he never said it, and it was all over the most popular website in the urban community! He said Arum had to die, in order for the fight to happen which was outrageous! He demanded 100% of the revenue! I dont care how much money Pac makes, what does that have to do with his drawing power? That was a 50/50 fight! Pac pays his team in percentages so he will not walk away with as much as Floyd! Floyd pays his team a set fee, so no one gets a percentage of his money! Then he lied and said Top rank was hiding Pac's ppv numbers, but then we found out that Golden Boy, have all of his numbers!! They may not be public, but they are known by Floyd and his camp! Im not biased like I used to be, jocking Floyd! I have grown and I dont pick and choose fighters to jock, specially knowing that they are making me look like a fool! Floyd made it downright IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to take up for him, without making themselves seem like SUPER-dilusional biased, fanboys! Be a boxing fan, dont be one of those biased guys! When Floyd did SO much to inadvertantly prove that he didnt want the fight, its really nothing you can say to stick up for him, without making yourself seem biased!

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
      "who has floyd ducked"

Joel Casamayor at 130....FACT!!!

his 2 year vacation when the welterweight division was sizzling hot was also a DUCK.
      He was a showtime fighter bro.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
        Man you made this thread because of my comments huh? lol Im not a Floyd hater! I used to always argue with my friend about how Floyd was not the one ducking, but then after the end of the cotto fight, this guy goes and says "Take The Test" in front of my whole crew and makes me look like a fool, knowing Pac already agreed! He says Pac is next, then claims he never said it, and it was all over the most popular website in the urban community! He said Arum had to die, in order for the fight to happen which was outrageous! He demanded 100% of the revenue! I dont care how much money Pac makes, what does that have to do with his drawing power? That was a 50/50 fight! Pac pays his team in percentages so he will not walk away with as much as Floyd! Floyd pays his team a set fee, so no one gets a percentage of his money! Then he lied and said Top rank was hiding Pac's ppv numbers, but then we found out that Golden Boy, have all of his numbers!! They may not be public, but they are known by Floyd and his camp! Im not biased like I used to be, jocking Floyd! I have grown and I dont pick and choose fighters to jock, specially knowing that they are making me look like a fool! Floyd made it downright IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to take up for him, without making themselves seem like SUPER-dilusional biased, fanboys! Be a boxing fan, dont be one of those biased guys! When Floyd did SO much to inadvertantly prove that he didnt want the fight, its really nothing you can say to stick up for him, without making yourself seem biased!
        nope not at all man,just wanted to have some fun

Comment

how did he duck cotto?
          Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.

lol.............
          Its ironic that the guys he DIDNT fight, where asswhooping machines! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
            Mayweather and the 5 Bums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After seeing the incredible allegations of a few Mayweatherites here alleging that the great Jr. Welter Weight Champ Kostya Tszyu ran from Floyd Mayweather, Jr., I was inspired to set the record straight. My findings:

After a truly impressive campaign at 130, Floyd moved to 135 in 2002. The problem began here and it's name was Jose Luis Castillo. After losing to Castillo on everybody's card but the judges' in the first fight, Mayweather used his defensive skills to salvage his reputation in the rematch. After that scare, Mayweather then proceeded to call on the hapless Lovemore N'dou. N'dou unexpectedly proved a stiff test, but Floyd passed it. Bum number one was conquered. Who would the self proclaimed greatest fight next? We were immediately deflated. Sosa was served up like a cold fish on April 19, 2003.

Fully in stride now, Mayweather moved up to Jr. Welter (140), where hall of famer Kostya Tszyu reigned supreme. Instead of calling on Tszyu, Floyd proceeded to feed on a steady diet of bums. On May 22, 2004, it was Demarcus Corley. On January 22, 2005, it was Henry Bruseles. And, on June 25, 2005, Floyd dismantled the last of the 5 bums, the washed up warrior, Arturo Gatti. 5 bums and no Tszyu.

Tszyu fought in 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2005. He was top ten p4p in all those years. He began that period of time as the Jr. Welter Weight unified undisputed champion (the first to do it in 30 years). During the mid portion of that period he held two titles, and finally lost the IBF title to Ricky Hatton in June 2005. He retired after that fight at age 36. During this period, there were no serious inquiries from the Floyd camp about a fight against Tszyu. Cheap talk, no walk.

After initially posting my opinion that it was Floyd that ran, not Tszyu, I became the subject of a veritable deluge of outrage, criticism, and lewd (but somewhat entertaining) invective by certain Mayweatherites on this site. I want to thank each and every foul mouthed one of you. You inspired me to PROVE my opinion with evidence, evidence of which you said was non-existent. Mr. Dios Dominicano and his gang maintain that Tszyu never, I repeat NEVER, made one single statement indicating his desire to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. and thus somehow "ran" from Floyd.

Exhibit #1: KOSTYA TSZYU DENIES DEAL TO FIGHT HATTON

According to a recent report by GRANTLEE KIEZA, Kostya Tszyu has again confirmed there is no deal to fight hard-hitting Englishman Ricky Hatton for $5million. Two weeks ago Tszyu told The Daily Telegraph exclusively that he wasn't fighting Hatton on March 5 in Manchester as the British press had announced and was forced to repeat his position yesterday after reports out of England saying a deal had been made.

Before heading off to his native Russia to collect a major award from President Vladimir Putin, Tszyu said yesterday: "I am not fighting Ricky Hatton in Manchester anytime soon.

"I can't believe Hatton's promoter [Frank Warren] is still saying I am fighting him because there has been no deal made.

"Right now I am having a holiday for a few weeks and just enjoying time with my wife and kids. When it is time to fight again we will see who is on offer. But I promised my family I would not be training over Christmas so I will certainly not be fighting again by March."

When told that Warren said he had a verbal agreement with Tszyu's American-based promoter Vlad Warton, Tszyu smiled and said: "I decide who I fight, no one else."

Tszyu said he was far more interested in an offer of $10.5 million from American promoter Murad Muhammad to fight WBC champion Arturo Gatti and former world junior-lightweight and lightweight champion Floyd Mayweather.

"I want to fight them both," Tszyu said. "They mean a lot more on the world scene than Ricky Hatton."

12-14-2004
            kostya-tszyu-news.newslib.com/story/2381-1113289/

Exhibit #2: KOSTYA TSZYU INTERVIEW

Scoop: Comment on fighting Floyd Mayweather...

Kostya Tszyu: "It would be a great fight. I fought his uncle (Roger-W 12 in '95 in Newcastle, Australia) who's training him now. It would be good to fight him too. I remember after Olympic Games ('96) we were in same room as Bob Arum, he just started his career. I already was world champion. It would be a good, good matchup. If the short time will be able to produce this match, it will be a great fight."

October 25, 2004
            www.********boxing.com/news.php?p=2064&more=1

ARGUMENT:
            Just as I always said, Tszyu was always open to any top contender at 140, ESPECIALLY Floyd. Floyd simply did not want any piece of Tszyu. Who knows, maybe uncle Roger didn't like the idea?

You will note that Tszyu destroyed Sharmba Mitchell (4 knockdowns and KO in the 3rd) on November 6, 2004. Tszyu remained unsigned and available to take a fight with Floyd for roughly two months after that fight. Mayweather didn't sign to fight Gatti until after January 30, 2005.

Unfortunately for boxing, DURING THIS TIME PERIOD Floyd never muttered a word. Instead of going after one of the greatest 140 champions of modern times, Floyd signed to fight the fifth installment in our gallery of bums, Arturo Gatti. There was no mention of Tszyu. There were no inquiries about getting the fight. There was nothing but a resounding wall of silence. Result? Tszyu signed to fight Ricky Hatton, and the rest is history.

This is evidence. Floyd can talk it up all he wants AFTER the fact. It doesn't matter. The self proclaimed "greatest of all time" skipped out on a real fight of historical proportions against the man.

I present to you, "The Theory of the 5 Bums."
            You post this obviously bias babble and think that you're proving something?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              You post this obviously bias babble and think that you're proving something?
              Just having some fun. But if you actually read the babble, you might find it isnt babble. lol floyd dodged tszyu. Its a well known fact. And, it was a significant dodge that resonates thru Floyd's entire career.

Comment

how did he duck cotto?
                Arum stated that Mayweather would have fought Margarito for the 8 million, but he wanted a guaranteed 10 million to fight Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton. Arum only guaranteed him 7 million. And for those who don’t know Cotto and Hatton were at the Mayweather-Gatti fight and Cotto was ranked number 5 by the ring at the time (Proof: Listen to the commentary Jim Lampley at the end of round 5) . Cotto had just moved up to the 140 pound weight class and he didn’t make an offer to fight Mayweather after the Gatti fight.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn’t interested in participating in. “That’s not in the cards,” Arum said. “He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It’s not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold ‘em and when to fold ‘em. We’ll talk about things down the road.” Notice this part Arum was talking.

lol.............
                Like usual, Floyd wanted to fight a young Cotto that still required more time to mature.

Timelines are important here. Cotto vs Floyd should have happened end of 2007 or 2008 not after the Gatti fight. That would be like Floyd fighting a relatively green WW in Ortiz, a Marquez that moved up nearly 3 divisions, a Hatton that had just one fight at WW and looked average.

Cotto simply needed more time before then. When it was the "right" time, Floyd went on a long vacation. Similar to when he went on vacation when all talks were about him fighting Manny. I still never heard why Floyd needed another long vacation!!!

Comment

floyd will fight margarito for 8 mill on the condition that you guarantee him 20 million for a future fight among other demands...

floyd will fight baldomir for 8 mill on the condition that he gets to fight baldomir for 8 million! no other demands needed!

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                    Its ironic that the guys he DIDNT fight, where asswhooping machines! lol
                    no ironic they where with top rank the company he just left

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                    Like usual, Floyd wanted to fight a young Cotto that still required more time to mature.

Timelines are important here. Cotto vs Floyd should have happened end of 2007 or 2008 not after the Gatti fight. That would be like Floyd fighting a relatively green WW in Ortiz, a Marquez that moved up nearly 3 divisions, a Hatton that had just one fight at WW and looked average.

Cotto simply needed more time before then. When it was the "right" time, Floyd went on a long vacation. Similar to when he went on vacation when all talks were about him fighting Manny. I still never heard why Floyd needed another long vacation!!!
                    so tell me why he got the cotto fight as soon as he left top rank and he hasnt fought a top rank fighter since,cause you gotta be with top rank to fight a top rank fighter

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    floyd will fight margarito for 8 mill on the condition that you guarantee him 20 million for a future fight among other demands...

floyd will fight baldomir for 8 mill on the condition that he gets to fight baldomir for 8 million! no other demands needed!
                    why does he need demands when he is his own boss??he got all the fights he asked arum for for more money without ARUM

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

It's just an excuse by the Floyd fans .... Floyd should have fought Margarito. If Floyd would have won, the demand was naturally there to then fight Cotto. Its a joke for them to even bring up those excuses of theirs.

The truth is that Floyd wanted no part of Margarito. Its comical to even suggest that Floyd would not fight Margarito unless he gets to fight Cotto as well. That is like grade school child play!!! lol!

Comment

Working...
                      X