No announcement yet.

WHO'S NEXT? My CAMARO beats yo riceburner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
    If he has a 98, he has a LS1, not the opti sparked out, boat anchor LT1. I think the majority of people on here are mag reading, bench racers, and have no clue about some of the car's capabilities.
    Wowomfg no ****? I was talking in general, 350 Chevy is the GOAT, followed closely by the 318 Dodge, maybe 4.0 i6 after that. Everyone wants to talk about how fast their car is, but I guarantee you the motors I listed will be the only ones left in the apocalypse lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
      Wowomfg no ****? I was talking in general, 350 Chevy is the GOAT, followed closely by the 318 Dodge, maybe 4.0 i6 after that. Everyone wants to talk about how fast their car is, but I guarantee you the motors I listed will be the only ones left in the apocalypse lmao
      Calm down there, juice head. I was only stating that if he had a 98, it was a LS1, not a LT1.

I got a little old 281 c.i. in my junk. But I would give Blackfoot a good run for his money at the track. On the street, he would yank me, unless it was on concrete with some VHT or pimp juice prep.

Comment

Pretty cool stuff, bud. I'm not that knowledgeable about rotaries, but what I do know is that they can make a ton of power, but are pretty high maintenance. And they sound amazing. Heard there is a pretty big rotary scene in Puerto Rico. I've seen a couple of RX7's with LS1 swaps that were pretty damn nasty.

Swapping engines in cars has a long tradition. I've seen giant single turbo 2jz's in Honda S2000's, and a big block Chevy in a little ole 280z, with a giant shot of nitrous. Both were 8 second street cars. The 280 could put it on the back bumper on a good piece of concrete with some VHT. Nasty little son of *****, lol.
        Yeah I've seen a single turbo 2j in an s2000 it was squirrely though to the point I did not like it. And coming from a drift guy that's saying a lot. That rear end would break loose and holding an angle in a drift was extremely difficult. This guy from jersey also competing at an event let me ride it. He drove my 3rd Gen and said it was much easier. It really was though. That s2k was just hard to manage at an angle. You would spin out easily. Yeah I always went to the puertorico vs USA shoot outs at englishtown. I raced a couple guys and did good with m FD but those guys would have my 13bperipheral port in a small rx3 or 1.8 corolla, and even ae86's. Those cars were ridiculous fast. Power to weight ratio was ridiculous. You can just imagine. I've seen big block 280's at englishtown too. Never got to ride one or seen one perform but I can already imagine what monster it would be.

Edit: rotaries are high maintenance yes. I would change my oil at least twice a month and I ran premix which basically had people looking stumped when I would pour in oil into the gas tank and then see me drive off like nothing. The problem with rotaries though was the apex seals. If the car wasn't tuned properly or even built properly the apex seals at the corners of the rotors would shatter and scrape up and mangle the walls. Pretty nasty stuff. I've been through a few rebuilds myself so trust me it wasn't nice. But if treated properly they would last a long time. Lots of guys running American hated me on the island. My license plate read IDRNKV8. Lol honestly any car can beat any car at any given time. I was just always partial to japanese imports.
        Last edited by {Pito}; 06-09-2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

I hear you about the street racing, Ayo. It sometimes isn't worth it. I live about 20 minutes from Sacramento Raceway, so It's not like I have to drive 2 hours to find a track. Sometimes its fun to just bust somebodies head open on the street, though.

I like digs, but a lot of the front wheel drive guys, (Civics, RSX's, SRT-4's) want to do stupid ass 70 rolls. I laugh, because I've seen some well set up FWD cars EAT from a dig, when they are set up right. The younger guys think that throwing a whole bunch of power at the equation is the only answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
            I don't know. My Mechanic told me that the 327 will produce power until it blows,(if you let it), while the 350 reaches a power curve. Do you know if that's true.

Comment

I hear you about the street racing, Ayo. It sometimes isn't worth it. I live about 20 minutes from Sacramento Raceway, so It's not like I have to drive 2 hours to find a track. Sometimes its fun to just bust somebodies head open on the street, though.

I like digs, but a lot of the front wheel drive guys, (Civics, RSX's, SRT-4's) want to do stupid ass 70 rolls. I laugh, because I've seen some well set up FWD cars EAT from a dig, when they are set up right. The younger guys think that throwing a whole bunch of power at the equation is the only answer.
              Exactly, young guys think its all power. I don't know how familiar you are with b13 SER's. It I've known plenty of SER's barely pushing 230 putting the beats on cars well over 400 in the qrtr. Drag's cool but I grew up drifting and autox'ing. The scca time trial events were also really great memories. Perhaps build a 13bt miata for time trials. That would be my ideal car if I built another car for competition.

Comment

MikeTyson77 is the kind of person who has drink-downing competitions with people who aren't playing. "READY? GO! gulpgulpgulpgulp YEAAHHHH! IN YOUR FACE LOSER! CAMARO!!"

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  MikeTyson77 is the kind of person who has drink-downing competitions with people who aren't playing. "READY? GO! gulpgulpgulpgulp YEAAHHHH! IN YOUR FACE LOSER! CAMARO!!"

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
                    Exactly, young guys think its all power. I don't know how familiar you are with b13 SER's. It I've known plenty of SER's barely pushing 230 putting the beats on cars well over 400 in the qrtr. Drag's cool but I grew up drifting and autox'ing. The scca time trial events were also really great memories. Perhaps build a 13bt miata for time trials. That would be my ideal car if I built another car for competition.
                    I wish I was smart enough to get into racing with turns, lol. There are a ton of variables involved just going straight. I'm a decent driver, but my throttle foot is too heavy. I'm not Nick Hogan, I never had the money to burn to just wreck my junk to prove a point.

I have grenaded a motor in one of my old Foxbody Mustangs trying to get a good 1/4 mile slip though, lol. Got towed home on a Chevy flat bed. Hurt my feelings....

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEM5QBmpbbk

Comment

Working...
                      X