Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Mayweather require his undercard fighters to undergo drug testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Mayweather require his undercard fighters to undergo drug testing?

Did Goldenboy and/or Mayweather promotions require the fighters who fought on the undercard to the Floyd/Shane event to undergo rigorous drug testing?

I assume that they must have as they have stated repeatedly that they're out to clean up the sport of boxing. Since they themselves chose these fighters to help fill out their event they could have easily stipulated that these fighters undergo the USADA blood and urine testing.

However, if they didn't then what aspect of boxing do they wish to clean up? Do they only want their top tiered fighters and their opponents to be tested?

Originally posted by El Diablito View Post
    Did Goldenboy and/or Mayweather promotions require the fighters who fought on the undercard to the Floyd/Shane event to undergo rigorous drug testing?

I assume that they must have as they have stated repeatedly that they're out to clean up the sport of boxing. Since they themselves chose these fighters to help fill out their event they could have easily stipulated that these fighters undergo the USADA blood and urine testing.

However, if they didn't then what aspect of boxing do they wish to clean up? Do they only want their top tiered fighters and their opponents to be tested?
    I know for a fact that none of the undercard fighters had to undergo or did undergo olympic style drug testing. A contridiction i know, especially as the mayweathers had one of their fighters on the undercard.

Comment

they arent "his" fighters.

and idk

Comment

I didn't know Canelo is signed to Mayweather Promotions, lol.

Drug testing is not cheap. The random testing cost over 40K. 40K per fight is a lot of money.

Comment

Doubt it. GBP were footing the bill for those tests so they're not gonna supply it when they can get away with it.

Comment

what a farce

Comment

So how exactly does any of this benefit boxing or is it just that the Mayweather camp overplayed their hand and are trying to justify their insistence with drug testing?

I remember a few years back Oscar talking about a real boxing commission with medical coverage, pensions, etc... so perhaps testing would fall in line with that but I guess that got sidetracked when he started his promotion company.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieQ. View Post
                they arent "his" fighters.

and idk
                I thought Quali, Vargas, and Lock are his fighters?

Comment

Working...
                X