No announcement yet.

Top 10 best at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Haven't put a lot of time and research into this list, but am interested in opinions and seeing other lists.

10. Jackie "Kid" Berg
    9. Duilio Loi
    8. Antonio Cervantes
    7.Tony Canzoneri
    6. Niccolino Loche
    5. Barney Ross
    4. Wilfred Benitez
    3. Julio Cesar Chavez
    2. Kostya Tszyu
    1. Aaron Pryor
    Excellent list. The only addition I would make is Carlos Ortiz, but looking at your list I would not know if I would remove any of your names. Pryor is the undisputed greatest in this division. Anyone who could take Arguello's perfect right flush and not blink, and have endless energy, is something special. Arguello hits anyone on that list(or Pacquaio, Mayweather, etc.) with that same right hand, that man is going down

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      Gotta go with Pryor based on resumes, Chavez you would think is better, ratings wise than Kostya, but some think he's overrated.

To bad Pacquiao didn't do more at 140, cause he'd beat all those guys on that list.

Even AAron pryor!

I know sounds like a blatant nuthuggery statement, but the man's got more skills and athletic abilities than anyone on that list.

I swear that list is missing somebody.....
      not quite my friend, pryor would beat him,
      pryor isnt a wieght drained oscar,
      or a overrated no boxing ability hatton,
      when pryor was determined, no 140 fighter would beat him.

pryor by late KO

Comment

Originally posted by portuge puncher View Post
        not quite my friend, pryor would beat him,
        pryor isnt a wieght drained oscar,
        or a overrated no boxing ability hatton,
        when pryor was determined, no 140 fighter would beat him.

pryor by late KO
        doubtful, Pryor was a beast, but he's not a p4p king. He doesn't possess the tool set to beat Pacquiao. I'm not saying this because I'm some noob who thinks Pacquiao is the best. On paper I like Pacquiaos chances.

Oscar was weight drained no doubt, but what does being weight drained have to do with nearly missing every punch and not being able to get off. I can see it effecting his punch resistance and strength only. One look at the Pernell Whitaker vs ODLH fight and it's easy to see the man can't deal with southpaws who move.

Anyways, not trying to hijack the thread, I just personally, when you break it down, can't see Pryor beating the ever elusive power-punching Pacquiao.

You should make a thread on the subject, breaking down each fighters strengths. I can't see how "pressure" and one dimension could break down a very skilled fighter in this case. Not saying Pryor was unskilled, but if the fight did happen he would resort to mindless pressure due to his huge speed disadvantage.

Although Pryor achievement wise get's the nod at 140, there were other fights out side of his weight class that I think he would have lost. Duran, Leonard etc..some examples.
        Last edited by them_apples; 06-05-2009, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X