No announcement yet.

Did Ward end Kovalevs career??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
    Didn't end his career, but after those punches to the balls, Kovalev may not be able to make any more children.
    If he wasn't so busy rabbit punching he could have done a better job protecting his tiny balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I wanna say no but the fact that he was pausing and looking for ref help tells me his mind is cracked. A year ago, I'd say it won't phase him. But, 175 is starting to look hot and there's several guys that will be legit challenges for him.
      This was very concerning.

Comment

Kovalev's next fight should show how much the KO loss to Ward did or didn't take out of him. I don't see why Kovalev couldn't come back strong physically but it may have hurt him mentally.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Kovalev's next fight should show how much the KO loss to Ward did or didn't take out of him. I don't see why Kovalev couldn't come back strong physically but it may have hurt him mentally.
          Kovalev can't a shot to the tummy.

That's what he has...

He doesn't have a body....he has a tummy.

Comment

He's gonna try to get with some russian trainer and "reinvent himself" just to get KTFO by Stevenson.

Comment

Without question Ward has altered Kovalev's entire career trajectory. His asking price, his P4P ranking, his future demand, his future interest, his overall reputation, ect, ect - have all taken massive hits. JDJ told him specifically how important it was for him to get his belts back for future leverage sake during camp. This was not a fight Kovalev could afford to lose. The fact that he effectively surrendered should haunt him for the rest of his life.

Comment

Probably did, and sadly I'm not sure kov has even made mega bucks from the sport. Kind of sad

Comment

As a top fighter? In my honest opinion, yes. It was the way that he lost. Fighters would have been frightened to trade leather with him because there's this belief that there is a monster in him.

Ward revealed that he will wilt. Behind the mean front is a man who will cry and retreat into his shell when put under pressure.

Comment

He survived, mentally, and was fine after killing somebody in the ring. I think he'll be fine here if he can accept that there's really no shame losing to Ward.

He should do all in his might to ditch Duva and get with Haymon for an easy touch on PbC and then an intriguing, high profile fight against Stevenson.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      He survived, mentally, and was fine after killing somebody in the ring. I think he'll be fine here if he can accept that there's really no shame losing to Ward.

He should do all in his might to ditch Duva and get with Haymon for an easy touch on PbC and then an intriguing, high profile fight against Stevenson.
                      Kovalev will never go near Stevenson.

I don't blame Duva at all for avoiding that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X