Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto: For Respect - Mayweather Has To Embarrass McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If slow maidana got the chin washed up mosely good Castillo famous fader underachiever Judah the greats would get it more than once walk through his lack of power make him fight every round not throw 15 punches YouTube baby YouTube watch the greats

Comment

I forgot chop
      Chop washed up Corley even stunned mayweather it is a testament to Floyd that only a few guys stunned him but we are talking if he is the GOAT then you have to compare him to past greats not today's clowns who do not even know all the basics

Comment

Fraud is a disgrace to the sport. Instead of backing up his big mouth, by fighting Thurman, Spence, Brook, or Garcia, he is fighting a non-boxer.

TBE ha! Ppffftttt!!

Go back home and count your money fraud, and leave boxing to actual warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by etech1 View Post
          Fraud is a disgrace to the sport. Instead of backing up his big mouth, by fighting Thurman, Spence, Brook, or Garcia, he is fighting a non-boxer.

TBE ha! Ppffftttt!!

Go back home and count your money fraud, and leave boxing to actual warriors.
          I'm not a big fan of Floyd but I'm a big fan of boxing, so of course I want Floyd to punish any guy of other combat sports into a boxing ring, but I don't think you are a real boxing fan right?

"Instead of backing up his big mouth, by fighting Thurman, Spence, Brook, or Garcia, he is fighting a non-boxer"
          Really? Floyd was a world champ for 17 years and fought probably around 20 world champions and you want him at past 40 y/o to keep fighting the very best? and what about Thurman/Spence & Brook/Garcia INSTEAD? those young boxers should write they own story by facing each other

Comment

Screw Berto, the dude is a Mayweather nut hugger/*****

Comment

If floyd doesn't KO Mcgregor in the first round, MMA fans are gonna bring up the Toney vs Couture fight

If this fight goes 12 and Floyd wins every round, its still a W for MMA fans cause there gonna say MMA is superior cuz a guy lasted 12 vs Toney not even lasting 1 round

Comment

Classy comment from Berto. And Floyd still had sharp reflexes at 38 because he's like Tom (fakken) Brady and keeps his body and mind honed year 'round. He doesn't drink or do drugs. Just a natural athlete. Some boring fights here and there, but we were really pretty lucky to have a fighter like that during our time. I'd bet he'll be sharp at 40 if they fight. It's not like McGregor has enough pro boxing experience (at all) to trouble him. Floyd is so hard to hit that I doubt Conor looks good at all against him. Probably will be embarrassing.

Comment

I just don't think Conor has the cardio to hit 12 rounds. Maybe that can change. I feel like he'd get knocked out in the 7th or 8th, not because he's hurt, but because he's too tired to get up after a few knockdowns actually resulting from being tired.
                  Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  If floyd doesn't KO Mcgregor in the first round, MMA fans are gonna bring up the Toney vs Couture fight

If this fight goes 12 and Floyd wins every round, its still a W for MMA fans cause there gonna say MMA is superior cuz a guy lasted 12 vs Toney not even lasting 1 round

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                    Only post I'm making on this potential embarrassment of a fight. Floyd DOES need to absolutely outclass, humiliate, and destroy a total novice like McGregor or the whole thing will seem like a fix. If you see Floyd getting caught with anything at all you will know he is going full WWE with this fight. I can just as easily see Floyd wanting to give fans some drama, even going so far as faking being hurt by a grazing shot and acting like its an actual fight for a little bit as I could see him just clown McGregor the way he should. If he does anything less than a total demolition job on McGregor I will lose all respect for Floyd. He could end Conor in one round without getting a scratch on him if he wanted to, but he'll likely drag it out, which makes the fight fake as they come. Which would be an insult to fight fans intelligence. Last I'm saying about this fight. It' garbage and a great like Floyd shouldn't come back for this.
                    Yep, I agree.

End of thread.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx7 View Post
                      You can appreciate his genius his defense ring IQ And still find him the most boring cherry picking great fighter ever
                      My problem with him, is that he is not the kind of defensive technical genius of a Rigondeaux where you can really appreciate just how skilled he is, he is just extremely risk averse, and does everything in his power to minimize risk. Doesn't take openings when they are there for him. Wont try and finish off a fighter than he can clearly close out the show on.

What made young Floyd so great was that his defense was great, but so was his offense, and he had the instinct to go in for the kill when it was time.

Floyd since he hit 30 has no killer instinct in him. Which is incredibly ironic given the Gym culture he has spawned at his gym, where other fights go to war.

Now he is just defend defend, hit you enough to win the round, but never with bad intentions. And as strange as it sounds to say about Floyd, he has become incredibly one dimensional. Every fight looks basically the same. Jab to the body, pull counter, right hand lead pot shot from the outside, check hook. Shoulder roll.

He has never had a performance like Hopkin against Pavlik where he came out of his shell when he knew it was safe and threw all kinds of different combinations.

If he ever threw with bad intentions like he did at 135, he would be great to watch. I don't mind guys fighting very defensive and negative styles if they are working towards getting that stoppage.
                      Last edited by !! Shawn; 06-07-2017, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X