Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the problem with "slick AA's" that their style just doesnt look dominant?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    They base their style on running backwards around the ring, ducking and diving and landering occasional weak counters.

But the criteria in boxing also takes to account effective agression and other factors.

Slick AA's are nevet agressive, they use a very "beta" style of boxing and never look like the hunter.

They are like a rabbit escaping from a dog at the last minute.

I feel they need to learn to look more agressive in fights.
    Evidently...irony is lost on ass-sucking Cubans

Cuban fighters put more fans to sleep....and look less dominate than the entire sport COMBINED.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
      Another race thread. FFS
      I bet he's the darkest mofo on the entire site.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
        Those are masterful techniques in range, wouldn't call them slick. By describing those moves as slick means that "slickness" would be limited to elites only imo.

I completely forgot one thing about Floyd at any weight. His style of rope'a'dope elusiveness was slick because he would toy with fighters while keeping a smile and having them miss. Cotto vs Floyd is an all time fav. Played Cotto''s game
        Nope, it's slick because its through being deceptive that Mayweather manages to pull all of that off.

It's not at all restricted to elites but it's interesting you say that because I've always said slick fighters are rare to come by, to classify as such, a large part of ones' game has to revolve around being deceptive.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Nope, it's slick because its through being deceptive that Mayweather manages to pull all of that off.

It's not at all restricted to elites but it's interesting you say that because I've always said slick fighters are rare to come by, to classify as such, a large part of ones' game has to revolve around being deceptive.
          You're right. I'm just saying the Pedigree of the Mayweather fam maDE Floyd just a class of his own. I prefer to just call him the Maestro and knowing execution than needing to be "slick." But as I said it's subjective. Broner is slick imo but it costs him getting clipped at times which is part of the play. For instance Broner slamming Khabib with an uppercut and rolling out from the corner is slick imo. Maidana''s juggernaut and effective offense with Garcia''s training had some elusive slickness lol. Floyd schooling Gatti is beyond anything slick that's just unfair...

Comment

What does their skin pigment have to do with it?

Comment

hell yea,defense is for cowards.come forward and brawl

Comment

If you was a Up And Coming Boxer who the FUK would you listen to? A Man who "Ran His Entire Career" as very Ignorant Casuals Would Say who made himself almost a Billionaire "RUNNING" or some Loser on a Boxing Forum who NEVER Put on a Pair of Gloves EVER but swear they have all the Answers of what is takes to make a Star in Boxing!

That being said, Boxing hasn't really changed over the years, Boxing Media and Boxing Fans just got DUMBER! So dumb that they want to dumb down the sport to the point in which ONLY KO's count as wins and that will NEVER HAPPEN! I question your Greatness if YOU CAN'T Find a way to beat ALL STYLES! The bar for Greatness doesn't get Lowered for your favorite fighter so that he can reach it faster and easier.

Fighting Slick and moving and using the ring and using your athleticism to your advantage over a guy with out it that how boxing always been. Would would ANYBODY with a Brain give up their Speed Advantage to become flat footed like his opponent and just stand on front of a guy who can't move his feet and throw punches at the same time.
                Last edited by sicko; 03-23-2017, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X