No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series - Schaefer, Sauerland on Board

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    Yeah, old Bob looks like he's on the outside looking in right now. Oscar was never to be taken serious as a promoter imho. And HBO is closing up shop on boxing.

The boxing world as I've known it my whole life is coming to an end lol

That's what happens when a Swiss banker and Harvard MBA shows up lol and you're right, Mayweather was the key in all of this. He shifted the bargaining power in the sport and made all of this possible.

Jr. Middleweight and Cruiserweight are perfect for this format. Hope it works out.
    Top Rank will have to join forces with the Empire to survive. Or they could become a Bellator-type player, holding smaller regional shows and signing the has-beens..

Comment

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
      That seems clear as day right about now.

Neither HBO, GBP, or TR have anything remotely close the this group of Haymon, Schaefer, and Mayweather.
      Throw Hearn in there as well. Guy is the best promoter in the business now and he's close with Al

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
        Why?

Schaefer says that boxers who have promoters aren't excluded from this event...and they'll most likely need boxers with promoters to fill out the 16-fighter fields plus the standby fighters.
        The fact that WBSS is willing to negotiate with other promoters if necessary doesn't change the fact that it would still be in the best interest of WBSS if fighters didn't sign exclusively with other promoters.

And let's be honest, if they choose 154 pounds for the first season, they can get almost everybody from Haymon and/or Haymon's allies.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          Throw Hearn in there as well. Guy is the best promoter in the business now and he's close with Al
          As much as I hate Hearn's ridiculous comments at times, no one can argue against the work he's put in for his fighters. He's done a phenomenal job building that UK market.

Comment

Working...
          X