Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive post

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
      He should join a team/training camp like Alpha Male.

He could liv and train for free for his fight, and then just give them a percentage of his winnings.

Have access to world class training partners, equipment, etc.

Pretty sure that's how it'd work? In exchange for being part of the team, and being sparring partners for other fighters, you get to live in the house for free and then you just give a portion of your earnings from your purse to the team?
      I'm not sure exactly how the Alpha Male team works (I'd be curious to read more about it if anyone gots links to stories or videos about their setup), but they definitely are a true team unlike most MMA training stables. Faber, love him or hate him, created something pretty cool with that whole thing and looks after his guys. I think that's why that TAM vs Dillashaw stuff got so live...that sh-t is damn near like family fighting.

Comment

I think people are overlooking the fact that it's his injuries that really screwed him over. At one point he looked like the next big thing in his weight class but his hands really let him down. His Boxing is his main tool and with his hands all jacked up, it affected him in a big way. He fought in 2013 and the next time he fought in 2016. He hasn't been fighting long enough to have earned enough money to survive that long with injuries and been fine financially. 99% of top fighters are broke as **** without fighting.

He way pushed WAY too quickly by the UFC. They were getting him to fight for the title when he was like 22 years old against an absolute monster in Renan Barao.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I'm not sure exactly how the Alpha Male team works (I'd be curious to read more about it if anyone gots links to stories or videos about their setup), but they definitely are a true team unlike most MMA training stables. Faber, love him or hate him, created something pretty cool with that whole thing and looks after his guys. I think that's why that TAM vs Dillashaw stuff got so live...that sh-t is damn near like family fighting.
          Here's some great videos that are highly entertaining as well that explain the history and founding of Alpha Male, and the Domick Cruz rivalry.

It doesn't really touch on how the basics of the camp work - like what fighters give from their purses to live and train in the house, but it's extremely entertaining watch (all this guys' videos are extremely entertaining). MMA fans have created some quality youtube channels, I must say (much better than boxing fans have created, I hate to admit).

Great watch in your spare time.

Comment

Working...
          X