Mayweather has a better knockout reel than golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cody8804 View Post
    ????

You know boxers always weigh more on fight night right? Golovkin isn't going to weigh 160 tonight.
    meaning boxers always fought at a division higher than what they were actually fighting for?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
      No it wasnt.......but you are giving life to a troll thread
      I don't know why you keep calling this a troll thread. Does golovkin have one hit knockouts? No. Does Mayweather? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
        meaning boxers always fought at a division higher than what they were actually fighting for?
        Meaning boxers weigh around ten pounds more than their weigh in weight. Just the way things are.

Comment

I disagree. If golovkin would dare to be great he can get his body mass similar to kovalev. Look at khan. Murray was quite a bit larger than golovkin and golovkin beat him. It's a matter of preparation
          Forsure he can build up muscle mass to get the scales reading the numbers , but at the cost of flexibility speed and stamina , his power to weight ratio would go down as well .

Im all for GGG moving up to challenge himself and LH is definitely within his reach , all I see him doing is calling out very small fighters that started 130 and lower , I think its BS to hound smaller guys that have moved up many divisions already while he is too scared to move up one and calls a CW with a real fighter , lots of double standards with GGG .

Comment

Meaning boxers weigh around ten pounds more than their weigh in weight. Just the way things are.

boxers always fought a division higher than the actual division they were fighting for?

so your answer is no or yes?

Comment

Not always , depends how much you dry out if at all , Manny as example was 146 fight night fighting as a LW and 150 as a WW , so its not really 3 divisions its one in real weight , the 30 hr weigh-in is very open to manipulation .

Nov. 28, 2008 Freddie Roach

The size difference is what everyone is talking about. Manny is mature. He’s a much bigger person than he used to be. He’s not that skinny, 112-pound kid anymore. He weighs 152 pounds right now [a few weeks before the fight]. His body fat is six percent. He’s coming down to 147, not going up. He’s coming down, just like Oscar is. The biggest thing is, when someone goes up a weight class and fights and then comes back down to his original weight class, he usually has bad results. You see it in history. It happened to Roy Jones [who went from light heavyweight to heavyweight and back down]. Oscar will suffer to make 147; and I think he’ll be weaker as a result. I don’t think the bigger guy will be the stronger guy on Dec. 6. He’ll be taller, maybe a little heavier, but not stronger. Manny will be the bigger puncher, the faster puncher, the busier guy. Activity is my biggest thing. And Manny is better prepared for that. We fought four times this year. Oscar hasn’t fought four times in four years. I think speed and activity wins this fight, not size

Comment

boxers always fought a division higher than the actual division they were fighting for?

so your answer is no or yes?
                It's neither but if I'm forced to say yes or no I'd say no

Comment

Aaaaaand another ko that isn't a one punch pretty highlight like Mayweather would have gotten

Comment

Working...
                  X