Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Great Video] Dontae exposes the whole truth about the Kirkland vs Canelo fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still can't believe there are fanboys so delusional that are unwilling to admit that Canelo suffers from severe stamina issues. SMFH.

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
      I still can't believe there are fanboys so delusional that are unwilling to admit that Canelo suffers from severe stamina issues. SMFH.
      People were saying this waaaay before the Kirkland fight. This has been common knowledge...There's nothing to expose.

He's gone 12 rounds with no problem multiple times. Yes, he fights in spots we all know this. His stamina didn't effect the outcome of this particular fight...Or any fight of his that I can think of to be honest.

Does his stamina suck? Yeah
      Is he slow on his feet? Yeah

This is all common knowledge about Canelo. To say he was exposed because he fought the way he always does in the second round is stupid and you know it.

Comment

Great video? no. Canelo did admit to being a little fatigued at the beginning, without saying Kirkland was tired (the interpreter added that). He said that with the fight starting off so fast he had to catch his pace. Now, I'm not here to say Canelo has great stamina, he obviously exerts a lot of his energy with his explosive bursts, but he deals with it well. It's not like we see him blowing his load in every fight and running for his life because he's exhausted. In fact, we usually see pretty respectable defense from Canelo when he's tired. He's also pretty consistent about coming back with good offense. Maybe if people like Dante weren't so preoccupied with trying to put Canelo down to make their favorite fighters look good, we could see a better analysis from them.

Dante may think he has exposed Canelo, but the truth is most people were well aware of this flaw. I believe Kirkland himself thought he would take advantage of this. But the truth is that it's a whole lot easier to say and point out than it is to actually expose. Many people will try to exploit this from Canelo, but the obstacle for them is that Canelo can fight! You can try, but you'll still need to deal with his accurate and explosive combinations.

Also, Lara and Trout didn't beat Canelo, only Floyd did. And if Canelo's stamina is so bad that he was exhausted by the second round in his last fight; how come he went 12rds with the best fighter in the world? The same fighter that makes boxers with good stamina tire? We can all play that game if we wanted to, but I don't like to put down other fighters just to make another one look good.
        Last edited by Zaryu; 05-11-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

I noticed this. Canelo was noticeably tired. I made a few assumptions after that. And they are kinda coming into fruition. He lacks discipline perhaps

Comment

Video is too long, but I wasn't all that impressed by Canelo. Exciting fight though.

GBP have put on Matthysse-Provodnikov and now Canelo-Kirkland for two of the best fights of 2015 inside a 3 week period.

Comment

Canelo has limitations as we know, but he still uses his size advantage to beat Cotto. He's got skills. He'll never beat GGG, but he'd do well against everyone else 154 - 160.

If GGG gets to fight the Cotto/Canelo winner, he might move ups to SMW after hammering the winner, and Camelo could then become the man at 160.

Comment

People act like Canelo is the one who LOST. Odd...

Comment

The lengths some people go to discredit fighters.
                  Canelo has had stamina problems in the past, but not in this fight.
                  Fatigued? He was not fatigued. But you're so not going to look fresh when you have a monster like Kirkland on top of you trying to take your head off.

Comment

Canelo does have issues with stamina. Hopefully for him, as he ages that will improve. Also, it could be that getting down to 154 drains him enough to cause his stamina issues.

Comment

216 dislikes to 143 likes.... Not a great video

Compare that to Dwyer's objective view on Canelo Kirkland which received 52 likes to only 5 dislikes and you'll see the difference between the quality of the two.

Comment

Working...
                      X